CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
I have already posted several times and said that real life is taking up most of my time.
I have a day job, a daughter (and wife) and a new house to sort out, which leaves very little (i.e. none) time for anything else.

However, to clarify, these are just some of the projects I have been working on since we moved to the new house.

Built in drop zone
View attachment 182698View attachment 182699

Tiling
View attachment 182700View attachment 182702View attachment 182703View attachment 182704

Garage steps
View attachment 182706View attachment 182718

Trash can area
View attachment 182710View attachment 182711

Raised beds
View attachment 182708View attachment 182709

Deck
View attachment 182712View attachment 182713

Patio
View attachment 182714View attachment 182715

Plus numerous other projects and jobs (vanity, lighting, electrical, plumbing, etc.)

Hopefully that explains why this add-on has not been developed for XF2.
Looking stunning @Brogan fair play to you mate. You across the pond? Always thought you were here in blighty for some reason.
Anyway, looking great - but I am saddened to see you have to actually justify yourself here. You said many times that it will be done when it's done. IMHO you should not have to justify yourself to anyone. You're a busy man... end of. :) (y)

I fully understand. I have a family, house and a full-time job, too.

But I (and others) still would be happy if the add-on gets a XF2-version. That's just demand, not criticism or accusation.

Greetings, E.
:rolleyes:
Seriously.... Even after all Brogan wrote above?
It will be done when it's done, am sure.

I moved to the US 2 years ago.
Wow. Congrats. :)
I don't have any issue with the posts in this thread - I fully understand that people would like an XF2 version of the add-on, so can appreciate the frustration.
Perhaps, but I find it demeaning for you to have to justify this. And I am not one to sit back and watch what you have had to do, in order to justify this and not say anything.
Obviously I don't wish to derail either...
Anyway, nice looking house and congratulations for you all. Hope it all works out for you.

This probably been asked 1000 times but I cba to look through the thread for the answer. Will this be moving to XF2 ,if so, when?

I have already posted several times and said that real life is taking up most of my time.
I have a day job, a daughter (and wife) and a new house to sort out, which leaves very little (i.e. none) time for anything else.

However, to clarify, these are just some of the projects I have been working on since we moved to the new house.

Built in drop zone
View attachment 182698View attachment 182699

Tiling
View attachment 182700View attachment 182702View attachment 182703View attachment 182704

Garage steps
View attachment 182706View attachment 182718

Trash can area
View attachment 182710View attachment 182711

Raised beds
View attachment 182708View attachment 182709

Deck
View attachment 182712View attachment 182713

Patio
View attachment 182714View attachment 182715

Plus numerous other projects and jobs (vanity, lighting, electrical, plumbing, etc.)

Hopefully that explains why this add-on has not been developed for XF2.

Wow dude VERY nice work! Is this your profession?

Thanks for the update on the add on. I for one would be willing to chip in some serious coin to have this done. Maybe we could make it worth the time for you? :)

oh man, how often do you want you all ask him the same question?

There will be no CTA in the near future. IMHO even not for the next 12 months. If there would be the slightest hope to get it done within the next 6 months, he would have said already so. He made a decision. A decision for his family and his normal work. Why should he change his mind in 6 months?

So get over it, import your stuff to xenporta 2 and as soon as CTA will be available for XF2.x (if at all), I am sure that there will be then also an importer available for xenporta 2 ;)

oh man, how often do you want you all ask him the same question?

There will be no CTA in the near future. IMHO even not for the next 12 months. If there would be the slightest hope to get it done within the next 6 months, he would have said already so. He made a decision. A decision for his family and his normal work. Why should he change his mind in 6 months?

So get over it, import your stuff to xenporta 2 and as soon as CTA will be available for XF2.x (if at all), I am sure that there will be then also an importer available for xenporta 2 ;)
Sorry I have a busy schedule myself and don't read dozens of pages in the thread. All due respect you're putting words in his mouth. I am not complaining, I am trying to figure out my next move as my forum is my business. I am sure you can understand that. To plan ahead I need to know if his mindset is he plans to update it sometime next year, in 3 years, or never, etc etc, these differences matter to how I plan accordingly. I looked at the past few posts and it appears he just says he's busy, which I get, but that is far from saying this addon is dead. If it's dead, say so, so I can plan accordingly and move on. If he has in the past said it's dead, then I missed it somewhere because I'm not going to scan dozens of back pages. If it's dead say so in bold letter at the top of the addon description page.

I am also busy, but I think it is only fair, if your forum is your business and CTA is important for you you should be willing to read at least the last two pages before asking questions.

If you do not have the time or mood for this, do not expect others to have the time or mood to answer your questions ;)

If you are running a forum as your business, I guess CTA is very important to you. I wrote already what i would do. Everything else is like looking into your crystal ball.

For those who can't or don't want to wait and would like to have a XenForo 2 and 2.1 working version of this, we have paid to have this ported and are looking to make back some of our money. Hope this is ok to post, if not then feel free to delete. Just trying to help those that need to move to XF 2 while also helping us recoup costs. I certainly appreciate Brogan for making this add-on as it has become a required asset for our remaining sites.

For those who can't or don't want to wait and would like to have a XenForo 2 and 2.1 working version of this, we have paid to have this ported and are looking to make back some of our money. Hope this is ok to post, if not then feel free to delete. Just trying to help those that need to move to XF 2 while also helping us recoup costs. I certainly appreciate Brogan for making this add-on as it has become a required asset for our remaining sites.

I did message you back but never heard from you. I was interested and still am in buying this but wanted to see a live demo as I’ve never really tried this add-on before. Is it on your forums, perhaps I can take a look and see if it fulfills my needs? At the moment, the sound of it by reading the overview is great but actually looking at it and navigating between the pages would be better. Also would like to see how it looks with XF2.

Thanks @Brogan for this great addon that worked like a charm. Best of luck to you on your new home and your family which should of course always take the priority. We are at the point of wanting to upgrade to XF2 and we are not sure we want to go to Xenporta as we are really just looking for the slider functionality for featured threads. Are there other options from established developers that others who were using this addon are now using?

Top Bottom