CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
I´ve noticed the Slider has navigation tabs and a Play/Pause Button. But where to activate them?

Last edited:
I'm not sure what you mean by activate?

They are default functionality and will work if there is more than one slider entry.

If you are using custom style directories, you will need to ensure you upload the images to each one (you can find them in the zip archive).

Is it possible to automatically feature existing forum content rather than manually going through and setting the Featured Thread options in Mod Tools?

Yes, the automatic featuring can be set to all threads in specific forum(s) or criteria based on the number of posts, likes, etc.

I have that set, and yet it doesn't seem to be working.

Also, the Dismiss button isn't working in Chrome 54

@Brogan without reading through all of this and I may have asked this before, but how does this system compare to Jaxel's XenPorta? Reason I ask is because I am possibly opening a second forum and I'm considering your portal system.

Thanks

I've never used that add-on and know nothing about it.

I believe some have used both so hopefully they'll be able to help.

I have a little issue with the automatic featuring and need some help/suggestion

I want to have 5 featured threads only from one forum selection and picked this one in the options but on the page it shows 5 but all from different forum sections.
I have tried it with the "all threads" and "Threads which.." both with the same result

Screen Shot 2017-01-07 at 7.14.01 AM.webp

This is not something which has been reported before and I am unable to reproduce it.

If automatic featuring is set for a specific forum, only threads from that forum are featured.

Are you able to reproduce it on demand?

If so, can you list the steps so I can attempt to do so on my installations.

Is there a way to remove the Home link on navigation bar? I already have the style icon links to the homepage so it's redundant.
Either a CTA option or CSS edit would work.
Thank you

You can use CSS to target the tab and hide it using the tab class name which is ctaFt.

However, it's going to cause weird issues when on the page due to the tab not being present.

@Brogan without reading through all of this and I may have asked this before, but how does this system compare to Jaxel's XenPorta? Reason I ask is because I am possibly opening a second forum and I'm considering your portal system.

Thanks

The last time I looked into it my conclusions were:

To get the same functionality as XenPorta you need both this addon and a widget addon.
This addon is better supported than XenPorta is.

When using this addon as a portal, is it possible to order the elements similar to the widget framework?
Are there widgets like 'recent threads', 'taiga chat' etc.?

Top Bottom