CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
Im thinking to move the title above avatar/image but for responsive style only. Would it be easier to make the title word wrap on responsive instead of "..."? You can see in your screenshot above that it looks good with the image, but the content of the title is almost completely lost.
Did you ever get this sorted.. Im trying to accomplish the same effect with poor results..

I just made the icon the same size as the avatar and removed the ellipsis. Seems to be working pretty good and looks OK. Not ideal but it will do.

Hello,

I had a customer reporting a bug with one of my add-on along with the following error log :
ErrorException: Undefined index: user_id - library/XFA/ExtendedModeration/Model/Post.php:29
Generated By: Admin, 4 minutes ago
Stack Trace

#0 /home/nginx/domains/oursite/public/library/XFA/ExtendedModeration/Model/Post.php(29): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/nginx/dom...', 29, Array)
#1 /home/nginx/domains/oursite/public/library/CTA/FeaturedThreads/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(122): XFA_ExtendedModeration_Model_Post->getAndMergeAttachmentsIntoPosts(Array)
#2 /home/nginx/domains/oursite/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): CTA_FeaturedThreads_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionIndex()
#3 /home/nginx/domains/oursite/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#4 /home/nginx/domains/oursite/public/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#5 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
["url"] => string(27) "https://oursite/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Though the error is popped out from inside the code of my add-on, the reason behind is that you seem to be retrieving only some fields of the posts table and not the one that are at least expected throughout the default xF code, as the user_id field is missing, and still you are calling some default xF function like the one to merge attachments into posts.

I know I could just put an isset($post['user_id']) to my code but that would lack the functionalities that brings the add-on and I think I could happen to not be the only one that could experience that issue at some point.

Would it be feasible for you to at least ensure that default post fields are retrieved through your public forum controller ?

That would be appreciated,
Thanks

Clément

I only pull the post_id and the attach_count as that's all that's required but I can look at adding the user_id.

Reactions: XFA
I recommend reading the resource content instructions and all of the updates.

It's all explained there.
I consider myself fairly computer savvy but honestly, I am struggling to find the resource shots that would explain better how the various setting, in
Style Properties: CTA Featured Threads Blocks in particular, correlate to the elements on the page. I'm finding it most vexing to format my Featured Thread on my home page as I'd like.

There aren't any screenshots which explicitly demonstrate which style property is for which element - there would just be too many images for that to be feasible.

There are short descriptions for each one, which should provide some indication.

You can change the setting and observe the change in a separate tab, to see which element it affects.
Or you can inspect the page and look at the class names for the elements which you can then associate with the style properties (the names are displayed when hovering over them).

There aren't any screenshots which explicitly demonstrate which style property is for which element - there would just be too many images for that to be feasible.

There are short descriptions for each one, which should provide some indication.

You can change the setting and observe the change in a separate tab, to see which element it affects.
Or you can inspect the page and look at the class names for the elements which you can then associate with the style properties (the names are displayed when hovering over them).
YEah - I ground my way thru it. Some of it was the actual Style Properties LAbels(in the admin interface). . . I changed a few phrases to remind me. No offense but I often have this feeling with code written on the other side of The POnd ;) Queen's English wins.

It's all good now . . . you could add my forum to your examples if you want. Probably not tweaked the best yet.

Last edited:
So I basically bought a new style from audentio and after mergin the themes my page container got messed up and now the slider doesn't appear anymore. How do I make it visibal again (did it quite some time ago and basically forgot about it)

Thanks in advance.

The slider isn't connected with the PAGE_CONTAINER template.

You can check the template modifications to see which ones aren't being applied, but it sounds like you may need to revert some templates and reapply your customisations.

How can I make the Featured Threads on forum home and the Featured Threads Archive backgrounds black?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen shot 2015-12-20 at 9.10.55 AM.webp
    Screen shot 2015-12-20 at 9.10.55 AM.webp
    43.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Screen shot 2015-12-20 at 9.10.30 AM.webp
    Screen shot 2015-12-20 at 9.10.30 AM.webp
    13.2 KB · Views: 3
Not sure if this is an issue which I need to address with this add on, another add on, or style.

See the poll indicator

Screen shot 2015-12-21 at 9.04.26 PM.webp

But, none here

Screen shot 2015-12-21 at 9.04.41 PM.webp

Note: These are from 2 different style authors.

Thanks.

Top Bottom