CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
hello, i want to move the slider to above navigation or under navigation.

I have edited PAGE_CONTAINER and put <xen:include template="cta_featuredthreads_slider" />. it do put the "div" right there, but the slider is not showing (as if there were no data).

any idea what i should do?

thank you. pardon my english

You can't just add the slider to that template - the data is not available there.

The slider only works on the four defined views.
Anywhere else would require custom development.

No, that's not possible - the code is entirely structured around threads.

It would essentially be a new add-on to be able to feature resources on the various pages in the same manner.

Brogan updated CTA Featured Threads & Portal with a new update entry:

2.17.0 Stacked!

Another small update but it does add a feature which has been requested a few times, which is the ability to have more than one featured thread on the forum index.

So for those who don't have the home/portal page enabled, this allows the forum index to be more of a hybrid home page/forum index.

Once you have upgraded, make sure you set up the new option as required - it defaults to 1.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Important...

Read the rest of this update entry...

hmm, anybody got hit by a bug where un-slider-ed post wont appear in slider after re-adding it to slider?

so for example:

1. slider was set to 3 post
2. now add new 4th post to slider
3. now remove the 4th post from slider

the result will be, the slider only showng 2 posts :(
when i added the missing post back to slider, i checked the "slider" check mark, it still wont appear back to the slider.

but when i make a new post, then i checked the "slider" check mark, it can get into the slider as usual.

I am unable to reproduce that on multiple installations.

Threads will only be demoted from the slider if they are explicitly removed, they expire, the thread is deleted or merged, the max entries is reached and it's the oldest one, or the slider max entries is set to a lower value than the current value and it's one of the oldest ones.

Is anyone else able to reproduce it?

I am unable to reproduce that on multiple installations.

Threads will only be demoted from the slider if they are explicitly removed, they expire, the thread is deleted or merged, the max entries is reached and it's the oldest one, or the slider max entries is set to a lower value than the current value and it's one of the oldest ones.

Is anyone else able to reproduce it?
I've tested this on my dev site using the steps given and I can't reproduce this either.

Can something be promoted to the slider automatically? The reason I ask is that in the options the slider is selected but yet the slider isn't showing.

I noticed there's a tick when promoting the slider (unchecked, Update Featured Thread in thread tools).

Attachments

• Screen shot 2015-11-25 at 2.33.12 PM.webp
    Screen shot 2015-11-25 at 2.33.12 PM.webp
    19.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Screen shot 2015-11-25 at 2.42.24 PM.webp
    Screen shot 2015-11-25 at 2.42.24 PM.webp
    14.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Top Bottom