CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
That has never been a feature.

Automatic featuring is limited to all threads, or threads which meet the criteria related to the number of likes, replies, and views.
Hmmm, for some reason it doesn't feature threads without words anymore. It would feature it and have [MEDIA] in the post on the portal. Any setting that you think i can change to enable that?

Any chance someone can show me how to get the look on the right? The default look on the left takes up too much space. I want to condense it, but I don't know what CSS to change.

Thanks.

how to get this look.webp

Hmmm, for some reason it doesn't feature threads without words anymore. It would feature it and have [MEDIA] in the post on the portal. Any setting that you think i can change to enable that?
Nothing has changed with regards to the automatic featuring code since it was implemented, so whatever you were doing previously should still work.

The only things which can affect the content like that are the options related to BB Code and the maximum characters.

Since today I suddenly get an error log entry in the xenforo admin cp whenever the "automatic feature threads" cronjob runs:

XenForo_Exception: The existing data required by the data writer could not be found. - library/XenForo/DataWriter.php:1359
#0 /var/www/domain.com/htdocs/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1401): XenForo_DataWriter->_haveErrorsPreventSave()
#1 /var/www/domain.com/htdocs/library/CTA/FeaturedThreads/Model/Featured.php(473): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#2 /var/www/domain.com/htdocs/library/CTA/FeaturedThreads/Model/Featured.php(410): CTA_FeaturedThreads_Model_Featured->applyFeaturedThreadImage(154957, '/var/www/domain.com...', 'jpg', 1599, 1066, 'featured_icon_d...', 'ctaFtIcon', 'icons')
#3 /var/www/domain.com/htdocs/library/CTA/FeaturedThreads/Model/Featured.php(245): CTA_FeaturedThreads_Model_Featured->attachedFeaturedThreadImage(Array, 154957, '/var/www/domain.com...', 'featured_icon_d...', 'ctaFtIcon', 'icons')
#4 /var/www/domain.com/htdocs/library/CTA/FeaturedThreads/Deferred/AutomaticFeature.php(158): CTA_FeaturedThreads_Model_Featured->prepareAttachedImageOptions(Array, 1, 0, 0)
#5 /var/www/domain.com/htdocs/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(295): CTA_FeaturedThreads_Deferred_AutomaticFeature->execute(Array, Array, 7.9999990463257, '')
#6 /var/www/domain.com/htdocs/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(429): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.9999990463257, '', false)
#7 /var/www/domain.com/htdocs/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(374): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, '', false)
#8 /var/www/domain.com/htdocs/deferred.php(23): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
#9 {main}

array(3) {
["url"] => string(36) "http://domain.com/deferred.php"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(3) {
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(20) "/threads/thread.1234/"
["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
}
}

That will likely need investigating - can you send me ACP and phpMyAdmin log in details via conversation?

Just quickly looking over the trace, it appears to be related to a missing image in the thread, which the code is trying to use as the featured icon.

Just quickly looking over the trace, it appears to be related to a missing image in the thread, which the code is trying to use as the featured icon.
Yes, it seems to be the thread with the ID 154957.

This is the content of this threads first post:
Code:
[ATTACH=full]164579[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]164580[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]164581[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]164582[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]164583[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]164584[/ATTACH]

Maybe you could reproduce it with creating a thread with only attached images that are included in full view inside the first post. Automatic thread feature enabled with option "Use Attached Image For Icon".

edit:

I changed the content of the post like this:

Code:
test

[ATTACH]164579[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]164580[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]164581[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]164582[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]164583[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]164584[/ATTACH]

... and now it worked like a charm. So I guess it might be a problem with only full view included attachements.

It works fine in my testing.

Are all of the attachments valid, especially the first one?

It's possible there was a server wobble when the cron ran and now the DB is out of synch.
Are you able to manually feature it?

Are other threads being featured automatically without issue?

I changed the content of the post like this:

... and now it worked like a charm. So I guess it might be a problem with only full view included attachements.

The code doesn't care how the attachments are inserted in the post - it just grabs the first attachment ID and retrieves it from the file server.

I suspect it is/was some other issue.

@Brogan - is there a guide to help me figure out how to alternate colors on the container of featured threads? Would like to do a blue/white/blue/white background...wasn't sure how to achieve that.

Thanks

Depending on what you have changed, it will be one of the style properties in CTA Featured Threads Blocks or CTA Featured Threads Page.

I only changed the icon size (and some color adjustments), nothing else though.

Used your guide to make the featured threads the same size. Then adjusted the icon size for bigger pics.

Which property do you think would fix that image above?

If you used the guide to set fixed height blocks, but you also changed the icon size, you need to change the height values for the increased icon size accordingly.

mobile look.webp I changed the icon size too.

Another thing I noticed is that the mobile version shows a cutoff title with an ellipsis and the text runs into each other.

What should I do to prevent the blocks from doing that?

Should I revert back to the fluid style where blocks are different sizes?

Again, this is related to customisations you have made.

You will need to check and edit/revert as necessary.

Top Bottom