CTA Criteria

CTA Criteria 1.3.0

No permission to download
There is no way of knowing whether post count was enabled or disabled for individual forums for each post.

It would be a fudge at best involving manually excluding forums so not something I would implement in this add-on.

Changing the database schema and adding a new column to the xf_post table would work, but it's overkill for the majority of cases.

Is it possible to include the resource manager functionality in this?

For example User has downloaded ...x ... many resource in category Y or x many resources overall and over time period

I'm thinking this can't be done but double checking in case I'm missing something.

We have a promotion set for members that post 25 times in 7 days. We have another if they post 50 times in 7 days. Is there a way to demote the 25 when they reach the 50?

I think I would need a criteria saying "HAS NOT posted x posts in y days" correct?

If they have posted 50 times in 7 days then they have also posted 25 times in 7 days, so there is no way of excluding the lower value condition.

Hi @Brogan,

Many thanks for releasing this, it is very useful! Would you be willing to also add the option for "User has NOT posted at least X messages in Y days" - I know there is currently a very fiddly way around this to achieve what I want, but it would be much easier and more straight forward to also have this as an option, and I see other people looking for this both in this thread and on other forums.

As someone else mentioned it looks straight forward enough to edit the code (edit - already added it on a test installation), but we'd prefer to stick to your default script to make any future upgrades easier.

Thanks for considering!

Edit to add: I have sent you a private message with the above change, and also an option for "User can receive site mailings" for your approval :)

Last edited:
Why can't I find the User has posted at least X messages in Y days option? I've just installed this and have all the other goodies but can't seem to find that option anywhere.

It's not possible for only one of the three new criteria to be missing as they are all in the same template and the template mod is obviously working if the other two are present.

It's not possible for only one of the three new criteria to be missing as they are all in the same template and the template mod is obviously working if the other two are present.
Sorted. I'd disabled the plugin somehow. :-/

Hello @Brogan

Would be possible to extend this addon to add a criteria like "Thread(s) in specific node(s)"?
I have specific nodes where people open new threads that are accepted as articles ad I would like to promote people who posts new articles.

This would be a great addition and exactly what I was looking for.

Is there any plans to add this in the future?

Thanks

This add-on is about as basic as it gets.

The code does a simple count like so:
Code:
public function getTagCount($userId)
{
    $db = $this->_getDb();

return $db->fetchOne("
        SELECT COUNT(*)
        FROM xf_tag_content
        WHERE add_user_id = ?
            AND visible = 1
    ", $userId);
}

What does it return if you run this query in phpMyAdmin, replacing 999 with your user ID?
Rich (BB code):
SELECT COUNT(*) FROM xf_tag_content WHERE add_user_id = 999 AND visible = 1

Are you sure you set the criteria as 10,000,000 ?

I can't see how the criteria would be met if that was the case.

I just replicated it with a newly created trophy. I literally copied the number of tags from the thread I linked to above: 10000000
I received the trophy again.
However, I have narrowed down the issue. There seems to be a conflict with our reputation system addon. (which also adds criteria)

Ahh, that sounds plausible.

I did have a look at the code last night/early this morning and couldn't see anything obviously wrong (but it was late and I'd had a few fermented grape juices ...).

Hello @Brogan

I set up a user promotion using the following options

d701c78307.png

6dd6a7b9c7.png

91b7266baa.png

I'm pretty sure the users from the usergroup exMH (as in the screenshot) posted more than 30 messages in 30 days, and nothing is happening, they won't get the promotion.
I tried to wait 30 days as well, just in case, and nothing changed, the promotion won't work

Is it because those users have too much messages? Some of them have 9000 messages.

Is there a way to make it work?

Thank you.

Top Bottom