CTA Criteria

CTA Criteria 1.3.0

No permission to download
Hello @Brogan

Would be possible to extend this addon to add a criteria like "Thread(s) in specific node(s)"?
I have specific nodes where people open new threads that are accepted as articles ad I would like to promote people who posts new articles.

I think I totally misunderstood the criteria that I was trying to use. The one I'm talking about is:

User has posted at least X messages in Y days

I take it now that if they post X messages in any period of Y days, then they will stay in the group they're promoted to?

Is it possible that it can be done in the "past" Y days?

For example 10 posts in the past 30 days? as opposed to 10 posts in any 30 day period (which is how it apparently works)?

I'm trying get people in an "active" member group, but if they stay in that active group because they made 10 posts in any 30 day period as opposed to the past 30 days, it kind of defeats the purpose.

So it is the "past" Y days?

I must have no idea how to set it up then because I have a large group of users that have not been demoted. I'll have to look again....

User group promotions and demotions only apply to recently active members (2 hours or so IIRC).

You can run the rebuild in the tools menu to force it on all members.

So if the user never logged back in after they met the criteria then they will stay in the promotion group until they log back in and the cron task runs and removes them because they no longer meet the criteria? (Sorry about that run-on sentence.)

So technically a user could stay promoted forever as long as they never logged back in?

This is all based on only the "x posts in y days" criteria

That is how XF deals with promotions, yes.

Run the rebuild tool to apply it to all users.

Thanks for the info @Brogan.

One more question, please.

Hypothetically:

• User is in a group because of a promotion.
  • User has not logged in for a while.
  • User no longer meets criteria for the promotion.
The demotion won't occur until the cron job runs after the next time the user is active, or will it demote the user upon login?

Without going into specifics, it should demote on log in.

LOL, I don't need specifics. I just need to know that a user who should have been demoted won't have up to 59 minutes to post in a forum that they should no longer have access to post in...

:D

@Brogan
I have set it to 0 posts in 30 days but that shows for everyone.
Set a user group promotion for at least 1 post in 30 days. This will promote all users who meet this criteria to the new user group. Then target the notice to show users who are not in this user group.

So I should create a Usergroup for example for Users who write regularly and one for the ones who never write.
But then I would need to demote them as well after a while, correct?
This means there is no easy way to set something like this

If no post within today - 30 days Then show message (awesome programming)

Question about "User has posted at least X messages in Y days", does it count all messages regardless of if they're in a forum that counts towards a users post count? I have a user posting only in a forum that doesn't count and she's received the promotion :( As per Mike, I know that "User has posted at least X messages" only counts posts that were made in forums that count towards a users post count, I thought that "User has posted at least X messages in Y days" would work the same way. If this is working as intended, is there a way to make this criteria work for only messages posted in forums that increase the post count?

PLEASE help...

I will need to check the code but I suspect it's just the number of posts between the two dates.

The post count not being incremented for certain forums is fairly simple to achieve as it is incremented, or not, when the post is made.

I'm not sure it's possible to factor that in to this easily as the post count per forum can be enabled/disabled at any time, with no tracking, so it's not possible to know if any posts made should or should not be counted.

Is there any way to force it to not count certain forums then? I have specific "non informational" forums that are not going to change that I don't want users to get credit for posts that they make in them counting towards the "active" promotion. I know I will never change these forums to count.

Top Bottom