Won't fix CSS Errors

Lukas W.

When opening the chrome developer tool, I'm getting a total of 36 errors, 33 in the first, 3 in the second css.php (why are there two anyway?). They do not seem to be harmful to the page, but I don't believe, they should be there though.

One of them is a continuous ; too much whenever the rgba.php is called. For example here:

Code:
.xenOverlay .errorOverlay
{
    color: white;
    padding: 25px;
    -webkit-border-radius: 20px; -moz-border-radius: 20px; -khtml-border-radius: 20px; border-radius: 20px;   
    border:  20px solid rgb(0,0,0); border:  20px solid rgba(0,0,0, 0.25); _border:  20px solid rgb(0,0,0);

background: url(rgba.php?r=0&g=0&b=0&a=191); background: rgba(0,0,0, 0.75); _filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient(startColorstr=#BF000000,endColorstr=#BF000000);;
}

Others are marked as invalid even though I don't know why, like min-height: auto; or background-position: fixed;

I think you can substract the errors caused by -moz-syntax, but this still leaves a bunch of errors.

Well, min-height: auto is a mistake.

However, generally speaking, most of these are just warnings -- and in some case, overzealous ones. Unless they have a detrimental effect to the page, we don't generally go out of our way to fix them.

I don't think it would be this much of work fixing the parser for background though, as it does generally add a ; too much. A simple deletetion of one char should do it. ;) The error is parsed into user created styles as well when xenforo creates background code like the above. I just don't like errors on my page :LOL: but it is okay, as long as I have a fixed number. Normally after I've done some coding, I swarm out to find all errors I've done to fix them, so I open the console and see "ah, five new mistakes", but they are only parser mistakes again :confused:

Top Bottom