1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Won't Fix CSS Errors

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by katsulynx, Sep 13, 2013.

1. katsulynx

katsulynx Well-Known Member

When opening the chrome developer tool, I'm getting a total of 36 errors, 33 in the first, 3 in the second css.php (why are there two anyway?). They do not seem to be harmful to the page, but I don't believe, they should be there though.

One of them is a continuous ; too much whenever the rgba.php is called. For example here:

.xenOverlay .errorOverlay
        color: white;
        padding: 25px;
        -webkit-border-radius: 20px; -moz-border-radius: 20px; -khtml-border-radius: 20px; border-radius: 20px;   
        border:  20px solid rgb(0,0,0); border:  20px solid rgba(0,0,0, 0.25); _border:  20px solid rgb(0,0,0);
        background: url(rgba.php?r=0&g=0&b=0&a=191); background: rgba(0,0,0, 0.75); _filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient(startColorstr=#BF000000,endColorstr=#BF000000);;
    Others are marked as invalid even though I don't know why, like min-height: auto; or background-position: fixed;

I think you can substract the errors caused by -moz-syntax, but this still leaves a bunch of errors.
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Well, min-height: auto is a mistake.

However, generally speaking, most of these are just warnings -- and in some case, overzealous ones. Unless they have a detrimental effect to the page, we don't generally go out of our way to fix them.
    Adam Howard likes this.
  3. katsulynx

katsulynx Well-Known Member

I don't think it would be this much of work fixing the parser for background though, as it does generally add a ; too much. A simple deletetion of one char should do it. ;) The error is parsed into user created styles as well when xenforo creates background code like the above. I just don't like errors on my page :LOL: but it is okay, as long as I have a fixed number. Normally after I've done some coding, I swarm out to find all errors I've done to fix them, so I open the console and see "ah, five new mistakes", but they are only parser mistakes again :confused: