1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CruisingTalk.com - vBulletin To xenForo

Discussion in 'Forum Showcase and Critiques' started by BamaStangGuy, Jul 28, 2012.

1. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Well-Known Member

Just got done converting this one over to xenForo.

http://www.cruisingtalk.com/

I have removed about 600+ forums since the merger and I am still not done yet. Let me know what you think.

2. euantor

euantor Well-Known Member

Looks good. I particularly like the looks of the style in use and the logo. Nice job on the conversion!

ViViD and BamaStangGuy like this.
  3. HenrikHansen

HenrikHansen Well-Known Member

Nice job with the colours, I miss some pictures of ships, though.

BamaStangGuy likes this.
  4. John

John Well-Known Member

Looking good Brent, congrats on the move! :)

BamaStangGuy likes this.
  5. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Well-Known Member

Very cool ... good job and congratulations! :)

BamaStangGuy likes this.
  6. melbo

melbo Well-Known Member

How do you get the 'Click (tags) for specific categories' seen in Forum Showcase on ForumAdminSource?
    Looks nice.

HenrikHansen likes this.
  7. BamaStangGuy

8. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Oooh I like this style. I would have personally not included the light blue text but i guess that can be put down to user preference. Like the shaping white areas you did with the header and footers very creative. Nice job.

Me personally though. I would be adding some yellows, greens (possibly some palm trees to the logo) sandy beach so it really stand out.

Also, I'd do something nice with the messageuserinfo area. For a cruise community I'm thinking vibrant colours or nice imagery to make it stand out or you could make some nice css enhancements to this area which would retain page load speed if that were a concern. Otherwise nice job.

John likes this.
  9. BamaStangGuy

What CSS adjustments would you make? Thanks for the feedback :)

10. John

John Well-Known Member

Thanks for the compliments Shelley...I wondered if you'd like it. Brent has good taste and knows what he wants and communicates it very well. Good guy to work for. :)

Steve F and Shelley like this.
  11. Hackfall

Hackfall Member

Very nice. I really like the tight topic focused theme.

I'm just reading your how to's thread for ideas for my new site. FWIW I usually visit a users profile page and click "follow" rather than add them to the list manually. But then I have a poor short term memory and would have difficulty remembering exact spelling and capitalization of the name.

I'm interested in how you added the check box list of "Cruise Lines I have used" on the personal details page.

12. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Love the Logo
    [​IMG]

Love the cute little anchor.

I think it needs a Portal home page.

13. HenrikHansen

HenrikHansen Well-Known Member

Have you changed the front page since you first showed us the links, with the two colums? Looks nice and uses the space better.

14. BamaStangGuy

Custom user profile fields using check boxes

15. BamaStangGuy

Yes that was changed after creating this thread.