Creating a page?

Not yet, but here are some quick instructions:

To create a new page go to http://www.myforum.com/admin.php?nodes/ and click on + Create New Node

Select Page and configure the fields.
  • Enter a URL (e.g. myfirstpage) – this will be the URL of the page, e.g. http://www.myforum.com/pages/myfirstpage/
  • Enter the title, e.g. Welcome To My Forum
  • Enter a description – this is optional and will appear as muted text below the title (see the screenshots below)
  • Select the Parent Node – this can be the root, a category, forum or another page
  • Set the display order
  • Check the checkbox if you want the page to be visible in the list
  • Enter your markup (HTML/CSS code) in the Template HTML field – see the notes below
  • Select whether you want the published date and number of visits to be displayed in the bottom right hand corner of the page
  • Select whether links to sibling and child nodes are to be displayed within the page
  • Finally you have the option of forcing the page to display in a particular style, no matter what style a member is using.
If you want page content to look exactly like post content then you must wrap it in this div:
HTML:
<div class="messageText ugc baseHtml">

your content here

</div>

Those 3 CSS classes are responsible for defining the font settings (messageText), styling URL links (ugc) and resetting the html back to “normal” (baseHtml).
All content must be wrapped in these default classes to enable pages to use the same CSS as forum posts and automatically update with each style

The image below shows a comparison between a normal post and a page with baseHtml & messageText CSS, baseHtml only, messageText only and no CSS classes.

forum_page_comparison.webp

As you can see the appearance is quite different in each case, with the last 2 examples actually being restricted to standard text.

Thanks for that Brogan, thats much more simpler than I expected. Do you have any examples of pages that are made using this method I could look at? :)

Just as an amendment: You can create pages via your Admin menu really easy.

Admin-Menu -> Applications -> Create New Node -> Page.

:)
I was just being lazy with my link above which when changed to your domain URL will take you directly to that page :D

Not yet, but here are some quick instructions:

To create a new page go to http://www.myforum.com/admin.php?nodes/ and click on + Create New Node

Select Page and configure the fields.
  • Enter a URL (e.g. myfirstpage) – this will be the URL of the page, e.g. http://www.myforum.com/pages/myfirstpage/
  • Enter the title, e.g. Welcome To My Forum
  • Enter a description – this is optional and will appear as muted text below the title (see the screenshots below)
  • Select the Parent Node – this can be the root, a category, forum or another page
  • Set the display order
  • Check the checkbox if you want the page to be visible in the list
  • Enter your markup (HTML/CSS code) in the Template HTML field – see the notes below
  • Select whether you want the published date and number of visits to be displayed in the bottom right hand corner of the page
  • Select whether links to sibling and child nodes are to be displayed within the page
  • Finally you have the option of forcing the page to display in a particular style, no matter what style a member is using.
If you want page content to look exactly like post content then you must wrap it in this div:
HTML:
<div class="baseHtml messageText">

<your content here>

</div>

Those 2 CSS classes are responsible for resetting the html back to “normal” (baseHtml) and for defining the font settings (messageText).
All content must be wrapped in these default classes to enable pages to use the same CSS as forum posts and automatically update with each style

The image below shows a comparison between a normal post and a page with baseHtml & messageText CSS, baseHtml only, messageText only and no CSS classes.

View attachment 3939

As you can see the appearance is quite different in each case, with the last 2 examples actually being restricted to standard text.

What do I enter for the callback box(es)? It says theyre optional but when I hit save it wont allow me to do so without entering some data there?

Okay I have done that and its allowed me to save but when I use php within the template it isnt working, or at least it appears it isnt.

All I am using is this:

Code:
<div class="baseHtml messageText">
<?php
require("/home/xxx/public_html/myfile.php");
?> 
</div>

Any ideas on how to get it to work? :)

Do I just re upload all the xenForo files overwriting existing ones?

Thanks
Yes. Actually to get page creation working you have to reupload only library\XenForo\DataWriter\Page.php
I don't know if there also were another bugfixes so you can reupload all the files to make sure you have latest distribution installed.

Top Bottom