Creating a page?

A little old post I know, but everything I search for including a PHP file in xenforo is outdated, if that matters or not.
Anyways, I've followed the instructions here and after some trial and error I finally got the page showing without errors (mostly due to file paths that I overlooked), but, it's not showing the contents of the php file it's pointing to. Which is located at /donate/donate.php.

The main content PHP file is a donation script that requires other PHP files for mysql connection and config.
The include file path is the absolute path to the donate.php so I know it's pointing to it.
Callback is XenForo_Pages_Test :: includeFile

All that's showing is the title "Donations" then the footer.

I'm tired and probably overlooking something, but thought I'd post and see if someone can help me somehow by tomorrow.

It might be failing to capture the output. Gotta debug it to see exactly where it's failing.

You can try using the URL of the page for the include, just make sure allow_url_fopen is enabled in your PHP configuration.

I don't think I have access to the configuration to change it, my hosting is at Godaddy.
I tried what you suggested, and got this error:
include() [function.include]: http:// wrapper is disabled in the server configuration by allow_url_include=0

I don't think I have access to the configuration to change it, my hosting is at Godaddy.
I tried what you suggested, and got this error:

Then you will have to use server paths. Try a full server path to ensure it's correct.

Visit admin.php?tools/phpinfo and search the page for "DOCUMENT_ROOT". That will reveal the full server path.

old thread, but I am having an issue trying to add a page:

URL Portion:
"Please enter a node name/URL portion using a-z, 0-9, _, and - characters only."

I am trying to add an external site setup as a subdomain...

any thoughts?

super lame.

my xf is on:

xf.site.com

i have main site:

site.com

and i have:

shop.site.com

so your saying i can only add pages on xf.site.com?

if so, that really sucks...

Last edited:
Hi i am creating new page, i have filled out all boxes including html, but when i click save, it gives me following error, i did not get it, can anyone help me here.

Screenshot (4).webp

Top Bottom