Is there any documentation on how to create a page? Thank you.
<div class="messageText ugc baseHtml"> your content here </div>
Indeed I doThanks for that Brogan, thats much more simpler than I expected. Do you have any examples of pages that are made using this method I could look at?
What do I enter for the callback box(es)? It says theyre optional but when I hit save it wont allow me to do so without entering some data there?Not yet, but here are some quick instructions:
To create a new page go to http://www.myforum.com/admin.php?nodes/ and click on + Create New Node
Select Page and configure the fields.
If you want page content to look exactly like post content then you must wrap it in this div:
- Enter a URL (e.g. myfirstpage) – this will be the URL of the page, e.g. http://www.myforum.com/pages/myfirstpage/
- Enter the title, e.g. Welcome To My Forum
- Enter a description – this is optional and will appear as muted text below the title (see the screenshots below)
- Select the Parent Node – this can be the root, a category, forum or another page
- Set the display order
- Check the checkbox if you want the page to be visible in the list
- Enter your markup (HTML/CSS code) in the Template HTML field – see the notes below
- Select whether you want the published date and number of visits to be displayed in the bottom right hand corner of the page
- Select whether links to sibling and child nodes are to be displayed within the page
- Finally you have the option of forcing the page to display in a particular style, no matter what style a member is using.
Those 2 CSS classes are responsible for resetting the html back to “normal” (baseHtml) and for defining the font settings (messageText).HTML:
<div class="baseHtml messageText"> <your content here> </div>
All content must be wrapped in these default classes to enable pages to use the same CSS as forum posts and automatically update with each style
The image below shows a comparison between a normal post and a page with baseHtml & messageText CSS, baseHtml only, messageText only and no CSS classes.
View attachment 3939
As you can see the appearance is quite different in each case, with the last 2 examples actually being restricted to standard text.
<div class="baseHtml messageText"> <?php require("/home/xxx/public_html/myfile.php"); ?> </div>
Yes. Actually to get page creation working you have to reupload only library\XenForo\DataWriter\Page.phpDo I just re upload all the xenForo files overwriting existing ones?