Is there any documentation on how to create a page? Thank you.
<div class="messageText ugc baseHtml"> your content here </div>
Indeed I doThanks for that Brogan, thats much more simpler than I expected. Do you have any examples of pages that are made using this method I could look at?
Not yet, but here are some quick instructions:
To create a new page go to http://www.myforum.com/admin.php?nodes/ and click on + Create New Node
Select Page and configure the fields.
If you want page content to look exactly like post content then you must wrap it in this div:
- Enter a URL (e.g. myfirstpage) – this will be the URL of the page, e.g. http://www.myforum.com/pages/myfirstpage/
- Enter the title, e.g. Welcome To My Forum
- Enter a description – this is optional and will appear as muted text below the title (see the screenshots below)
- Select the Parent Node – this can be the root, a category, forum or another page
- Set the display order
- Check the checkbox if you want the page to be visible in the list
- Enter your markup (HTML/CSS code) in the Template HTML field – see the notes below
- Select whether you want the published date and number of visits to be displayed in the bottom right hand corner of the page
- Select whether links to sibling and child nodes are to be displayed within the page
- Finally you have the option of forcing the page to display in a particular style, no matter what style a member is using.
<div class="baseHtml messageText"> <your content here> </div>
Those 2 CSS classes are responsible for resetting the html back to “normal” (baseHtml) and for defining the font settings (messageText).
All content must be wrapped in these default classes to enable pages to use the same CSS as forum posts and automatically update with each style
The image below shows a comparison between a normal post and a page with baseHtml & messageText CSS, baseHtml only, messageText only and no CSS classes.
View attachment 3939
As you can see the appearance is quite different in each case, with the last 2 examples actually being restricted to standard text.
<div class="baseHtml messageText"> <?php require("/home/xxx/public_html/myfile.php"); ?> </div>
Yes. Actually to get page creation working you have to reupload only library\XenForo\DataWriter\Page.phpDo I just re upload all the xenForo files overwriting existing ones?