I'm new to forum softwares such as Xenforo and the likes. For years I used guild hosting websites such as Enjin, Guildlaunch, Shivtr, and so on. But now with our ever expanding gaming community we want to create a lasting site with a good customize-able forum software, after much research, I found out that Xenforo is the best out there currently.
So I had a few questions before I purchase Xenforo.
1. There are so many domain hosting websites out there, which one should I chose for a gaming community? I'd like to pay a one time payment for it, or even a yearly one if it's worth it, I simply want the best suggestions. I need a good domain where I can host Xenforo and start up my site. Hopefully one that can last me a couple of years.
2. How easy/hard is it to use a forum software such as Xenforo? Do you need to be a coder or is it possible for the average computer wiz to manage?
3. Is it possible to integrate online games into the software? Such as bringing over external modules that relate to that game? Specifically from Enjin. As well as transferring over forum threads, donation modules, etc.
4. Many of our users browse the site on their android phones, tablets or iphones. How user friendly is Xenforo in this area? Do you provide the mobile support together with the main license that I buy? Is it something separate I have to pay for? Or is it just not supported?
5. Last inquiry. Could you provide me a few sites as an example that use Xenforo? Specifically gaming community sites, or a few ''modern'' looking sites that have windows 8.1 elements.
Any other info will also be appreciated, don't hesitate to share with me your thoughts regarding this and my decision will be based on your suggestions! I'd really like to hear the opinions of someone who has done what I am about to do, ie creating a gaming community, but all suggestions and answers are welcome.
Thanks in advance!