Create user upgrade error and create a user error

MasterPiece

When i try to create a user upgrade i get this error

Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Field 'redirect' doesn't have a default value
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1591
  5. XenForo_DataWriter->_insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1580
  6. XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1381
  7. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/UserUpgrade.php at line 130
  8. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_UserUpgrade->actionSave() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  9. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  10. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/theblazi/public_html/forums/admin.php at line 13
Lately im getting other erros like when i try to create a user via admin pannel they show this
Untitled.png

When i try to create a user upgrade i get this error

Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Field 'redirect' doesn't have a default value
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1591
  5. XenForo_DataWriter->_insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1580
  6. XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1381
  7. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/UserUpgrade.php at line 130
  8. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_UserUpgrade->actionSave() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  9. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  10. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/theblazi/public_html/forums/admin.php at line 13

It appears that the xf_user_upgrade table has an additional field called "redirect". That must have been added by an addon. If an addon creates a new field that is not nullable and which has no default value then it can result in this error if you disable the addon because the extended datawriter is no longer in effect.

Figure out which addon that field is from and enable the addon in the Admin CP. That should fix the error. Or contact the author for a proper fix. Or uninstall the addon through the Admin CP if you aren't using it anymore... that should remove the offending field.

Or if you are comfortable with databases then you can remove the offending field yourself using phpmyadmin. Or use phpmyadmin to edit the definition of the field to make it nullable or give it a default value.

Figured out the create user. this is now fixed but after all addon disabled exept tms and responsive design which didnt want to disable for some reason i still had the user upgrade error

but after all addon disabled exept tms and responsive design which didnt want to disable for some reason i still had the user upgrade error

I was trying to explain that the cause may be that the associated addon is disabled. Try enabling the addon.

Do you know which addon created the "redirect" field?

I was trying to explain that the cause may be that the associated addon is disabled. Try enabling the addon.

Do you know which addon created the "redirect" field?
well i will try enabling them one by one and see but maybe one of the add-on need to be completely uninstalled for the error to go away. I'll keep you posted thanks for fast support

Having this same error when creating new user upgrade. Disabled all addons and the problem still there.

It was caused by the addon Advanced User Upgrade which has been deleted by the author several years ago. Removing the addon did not remove those 2 fields.

Last edited:
Having this same error when creating new user upgrade. Disabled all addons and the problem still there.

It was caused by the addon Advanced User Upgrade which has been deleted by the author several years ago. Removing the addon did not remove those 2 fields.

You can remove them manually yourself from the database.

Export the database using phpMyAdmin - select custom and choose structure only.

Open the saved sql file in a text editor.

Search for redirect.

That will show you all the tables which have that column in them.

Top Bottom