Create Skin Based on Site

Izagar

So I'm really noobish with Xenforo, in terms of skinning. How would I go about taking the design from my main site ( http://www.zelda-sanctuary.net/ ) and making it into a skin for Xenforo? I can eliminate the entire content area (news, left navigation, right navigation, and the welcome area) with ease. But I don't know how to skin this for Xenforo.

Can someone type out a tutorial? My net connection is too bad for a Youtube video, sadly enough. :/

(Yes my layout is in Tables, not divs. I have yet to figure out how to make a layout in just divs.)

To be honest, to document all of the changes you would need to make everything match would be more work than making a complete style.

To do this took 10-15 minutes, to describe and document what I did would take twice as long.
zelda.webp

That is just some background and logo replication.

To make everything look like it is one incorporated site you would also need to add the guides list up top at least which as you said needs to be rebuilt first and this is not including the details to make everything 1:1.

Start from the outside in and from the top down.

Try changing the header to match first.

If you try that yourself and show me your trial I will walk you through changes as you make them when you need help.

So I'm really noobish with Xenforo, in terms of skinning. How would I go about taking the design from my main site ( http://www.zelda-sanctuary.net/ ) and making it into a skin for Xenforo? I can eliminate the entire content area (news, left navigation, right navigation, and the welcome area) with ease. But I don't know how to skin this for Xenforo.

Can someone type out a tutorial? My net connection is too bad for a Youtube video, sadly enough. :/

(Yes my layout is in Tables, not divs. I have yet to figure out how to make a layout in just divs.)

If you can wait till I replace my computer I can help you out.

@EQnoble: I can change the colors... Logo, I'm not sure. >_<;

@ Forsaken: Yeah sure.

If you got skype, you can add me: zs-squall.

Rarely come here for anything but look for new mods or assistance, so getting me on my forums or on Skype is best. ^-^;

Top Bottom