"Create new thread" button doesn't work

Flipsen

Hi!

When i try to click the "Create new thread" button om my forums, this happens:
pKKuI.png

URL: http://buildnorge.no/forums/generell-diskusjon.36/create-thread

Please help :/

Yes, I have just signed up and get the same issue.

In your Admin CP, there will most likely be more information in your Server Error Log.

This is a big issue on our website since no one can create topics/threads. In firefox the page is blank. So, it not possible to see whats wrong. Anyone know something?

We know as much as you.

You're getting a Server Error when clicking that button.

What we really need to know is what details are logged either in XenForo or your server's PHP/Apache logs when that error is triggered.

Without that, it will be difficult to provide any more assistance.

hultberg/Flipsen are you both from the same board?

If any of you can create me a temporary admin account and send me the details in a PM I will happily see if I can find anything in the logs.

If you're on shared hosting, you might need to contact your host to give you more info from their logs.

Ok, so you need to either:
  1. Tell us exactly what appears in your XenForo Server Error Logs in Admin CP so we can analyse it for you
  2. Speak to your host to get help with analysing the Apache logs
  3. Give someone here (in private) access to your Admin CP or server so we can help you find this information
At the moment we don't have enough information to help you.
The only other thing you could do really is disable any add ons you might have installed in case one of those is causing the error.

I moved the thread to the Trouble Shooting forum as 500 errors are server related. You could have a bad file, or a server permissions error. The easiest check is to go to your AdminCP->Tools->File Health Check

Both of those files have had error reporting suff added:

PHP:
error_reporting (E_ALL ^ E_NOTICE);
ini_set('display_errors','On');
ini_set('memory_limit', '-1');

Was this added while trying to debug this error, or sometime before?

Either way, I would replace these two files from your installation package and re-run the healthcheck again.

I just added that code to check the error, and here it is:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 17179869184 bytes) in /home/4/b/buildnorge/www/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php on line 316[/quote{

Top Bottom