Lack of interest Create forum specific trophy criteria

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Andy.N

I have a situation where I want to encourage participation in a private forum.

The trick is that I turn off post count in that forum.

When I go to create a trophy, there is no criteria to use post count in a specific node/forum.
Is there any idea or alternative to reward trophy based on activity in a specific forum?

Upvote 5
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I have a situation where I want to encourage participation in a private forum.

The trick is that I turn off post count in that forum.

When I go to create a trophy, there is no criteria to use post count in a specific node/forum.
Is there any idea or alternative to reward trophy based on activity in a specific forum?

What is the trophy label going to be:
Great work in the Private Forum ?
Private Forum Award ?
Unlabelled Award ?

I like the idea of expanding the trophies. But I wasn't sure if this idea was entirely hashed out.

This might be best handled in a non-automated way with Manually Awarding Trophies.

I assume you'd also want to take into account POST quality, not quantity. Thread starting, not just replying, etc. Jake Bunce doesn't have the highest post count, but some of his scripts might take a few days to make ... but would only count as one post.

I also would like to see manual trophies where users can apply for a trophy within predefined custom pages. The idea about getting trophies for creating content within specific forums and subforums is great.

Hi, sorry for thread necromancy but I was disappointed that we can't do forum-specific awards. It would be great to reward people for posting in specific places, and encourage them to post in new forums.

So this would be a great feature IMO.

Top Bottom