Country Flags by IP Address [Deleted]

Jep i have my own server and is up to date and all installet , is just a Problem with your Plugin.After a new backup my side are runing.But follow is not Possible , i mean when i try Deinstall or deaktivate then chrash the side again.
Is not a big Problem more then the side is Running.I hope just a update or a Think like that can fix this Problem.
Sry for my Bad english.

Is your GeoLite2-Country.mmdb file is missing? If so, it can be downloaded from here. Once you open it in your zip file extractor, just browse through each folder until you reach the GeoLite2 file and then you can upload it to the proper destination in the plugins directory. I apologize if this isn't the issue!

Jep i have my own server and is up to date and all installet , is just a Problem with your Plugin.After a new backup my side are runing.But follow is not Possible , i mean when i try Deinstall or deaktivate then chrash the side again.
Is not a big Problem more then the side is Running.I hope just a update or a Think like that can fix this Problem.
Sry for my Bad english.
I don't think it's the add-on. You're the only person that's reported this problem. But, let's see if we can get to the root of the problem.

If the mmdb file doesn't exist in data/countryflags, then either your server isn't connecting to the outside world to get the DB or the folder isn't writeable . Check to be sure there are no other errors on the server relating to the program not being able to connect through cURL.

The other thing you can try is running the 'Update GeoIP Database' cron task in XF and see if the file is downloaded after running that or if an error is produced.

If there is a .gz file in the data/coutryflags folder and not the mmdb, then it's possible you don't have gzip installed on your server. That would be highly unusual as it's part of every standard Linux install.

Last edited:
Sry for my Bad english.
WAIT a second.

When you try to deactivate or un-install the add-on the site crashes?!?

What error comes up when you try to deactivate or un-install the add-on?

I have it just in german

Code:
Callback Snog_CountryFlags_Install::install ist ungültig (Ungültige Klasse).
Callback Snog_CountryFlags_Install::uninstall ist ungültig (Ungültige Klasse).

Is your GeoLite2-Country.mmdb file is missing? If so, it can be downloaded from here. Once you open it in your zip file extractor, just browse through each folder until you reach the GeoLite2 file and then you can upload it to the proper destination in the plugins directory. I apologize if this isn't the issue!

Thx , but dosnt work :-(

I have it just in german

Code:
Callback Snog_CountryFlags_Install::install ist ungültig (Ungültige Klasse).
Callback Snog_CountryFlags_Install::uninstall ist ungültig (Ungültige Klasse).
That means the file doesn't exist or is corrupt on your server. Did you upload all of the files to your server?

Snog updated Country Flags by IP Address with a new update entry:

Country Flags Update 1.0.6

This update changes the following items:
  • Add check for cURL to install routine
  • Add check if cURL can connect to the outside world to install routine
  • Add check for gzip in install routine
  • Add check for data folder existence in install routine
  • Add check if data folder is writable in install routine
Current users do not need to update to this version if they don't want to. This is just to prevent installation if any of the above tests fail.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Update is not possible , side ceashed again and now is not possible to go in ACP.
So i make a restore.
Either there is something drastically wrong with your server, or you aren't uploading the files to the proper places.

What error do you get when you try to update?

What error do you get when you can't get into the ACP?

Last edited:
I have fix it , so we can use the side , but ALL other add-ons works Perfekt.
Its only here the Trouble , and i have all files Manuell put on the server .
All rights are 777 ( on Windows Server i set the Ordner rights )
thats is it. i have no idea why this Trouble with youre add-on.

I have fix it , so we can use the side , but ALL other add-ons works Perfekt.
Its only here the Trouble , and i have all files Manuell put on the server .
All rights are 777 ( on Windows Server i set the Ordner rights )
thats is it. i have no idea why this Trouble with youre add-on.
You're not answering my questions to try to find the problem...

What error do you get when you try to update?
What error do you get when you can't get into the ACP?

If you can, send me your site and server error logs via PC so I can see what errors are happening at server level.

I will say this, when I try to access the install.php file in the library/Snog/CountryFlags folder on your site, I get a file not found error. If it was there, I should be getting a permission denied error.

Last edited:
Installed this mod, but only a limited few users are showing flags. Do i need to run a query or something to get the ip's processed?

Installed this mod, but only a limited few users are showing flags. Do i need to run a query or something to get the ip's processed?
The flag will only appear for a user after they log into your site.

As time goes by, everyone's flag will fill in.

My Problem is not Solved , Please Help !
httpdocs\library\Snog\CountryFlags\Listener/data/countryflags/GeoLite2-Country.mmdb" does not exist or is not readable

My Problem is not Solved , Please Help !
httpdocs\library\Snog\CountryFlags\Listener/data/countryflags/GeoLite2-Country.mmdb" does not exist or is not readable
Every month the file gets downloaded and updated. That might be part of what the problem is on your server.

I am not familiar enough with Windows servers to know what your problem might be.

While I don't like the looks of the path you show, that shouldn't be an issue since all predefined paths for files usually use the / character not the \ character.

Does the file "data/countryflags/GeoLite2-Country.mmdb.gz" exist on your server?

Plus the full error would be more helpful. Truncating it to what you show really doesn't tell me where the error is happening.

Last edited:
Hi , the file exist on the server and the chmod is 7777 .
Yes i think maybe the / charakter , but how can i fix this , work in admin Pannel is not possible .
Or can you give me a list from all databases ? so i can delete them manualy and maybe my side come back ?

BCMath :

Code:
[bcmath]
; Number of decimal digits for all bcmath functions.
; http://php.net/bcmath.scale
bcmath.scale = 0

Code:
The file "C:\Inetpub\vhosts\roughnecks-germany.de\httpdocs\library\Snog\CountryFlags\Listener/data/countryflags/GeoLite2-Country.mmdb" does not exist or is not readable.

Countryflags\Db\Reader->__construct() in Snog/CountryFlags/Listener/Visitor.php at line 51
Snog_CountryFlags_Listener_Visitor::visitor()
call_user_func_array() in XenForo/CodeEvent.php at line 90
XenForo_CodeEvent::fire() in XenForo/Visitor.php at line 469
XenForo_Visitor::setup() in XenForo/Session.php at line 274
XenForo_Session::startPublicSession() in XenForo/Controller.php at line 291
XenForo_Controller->_setupSession() in XenForo/Controller.php at line 304
XenForo_Controller->preDispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 346
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in C:/Inetpub/vhosts/roughnecks-germany.de/httpdocs/index.php at line 13

Last edited:
Top Bottom