1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by kyrgyz, Sep 10, 2010.

1. kyrgyz

kyrgyz Well-Known Member

Summer is coming to an end making the xF due date closer and closer. How much longer do we have to wait till the Beta is out? Can we get a copy of the language files? I am asking it 'cause international customers need time to translate xF. We don't wanna be late to the party.
    erich37 likes this.
  2. GameR

GameR Active Member

Keep cool. The software come, when it is ready to come. We all will a software with a little number of bugs. ;)
  3. Mr_Bob

Mr_Bob Well-Known Member

Patience young grasshopper :D.

The end of summer was a target date. It's in Kier and Mike's best interest to get the software released ASAP to allow revenue to start coming in, but at the same time they don't want to release a buggy product. Granted, even as an alpha XF is doing far better in that department than some software that's been out for a while, but nevertheless they will start with the Beta release when they believe it is ready for that point, and not a moment sooner.
    DSF and GameR like this.
  4. kyrgyz

kyrgyz Well-Known Member

It always feels great to be referred as young even if it's in the shape of the proverbial grasshopper. ;)

I assume xF is ready for the launch for the most part by now. Kier and Mike, please, release the language files.
    erich37 likes this.
  5. WhiteTiger

WhiteTiger Member

very true kyrgyz....re: being called "grasshopper". I too , may times, have been called that.
  6. RickM

RickM Well-Known Member

Hmm...I really dont like this kind of 'whens it ready' thread but I did wonder something.

http://www.xenstyles.com/ < countdown to release date. Could be just the XS site, however I thought it was pretty interesting.

We need to get a bet going on when it will be released!

Oh, and before anyone else posts it: When its ready! :cool:
  7. CyberAP

CyberAP Well-Known Member

Release date: When it's done. :)
    Darkimmortal likes this.
  8. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

Well, slightly after it's done I suspect, as the 'done' version will still need some testing ;)
    CyberAP likes this.
  9. DaKat

DaKat Well-Known Member

Hmmmm. Where have I heard that before? :p
  10. kyrgyz

kyrgyz Well-Known Member

We could get started now on translation as it is. Whatever changes happen in between can be dealt with much faster later on.
    erich37 and CyberAP like this.
  11. CyberAP

CyberAP Well-Known Member

it is interesting what system xenForo use for translation. It will be great if it uses .po files like wordpress do.
  12. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

Well you could if phrasing were complete. But it's not, so you can't.
  13. The Sandman

The Sandman Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if it's true, but I've heard that the members who ask about the release date the least get the beta download the soonest.
    RickM, John and Abomination like this.
  14. kyrgyz

kyrgyz Well-Known Member

I am crawling back to my burrow then. Will be checking in a few weeks.
  15. John

John Well-Known Member

You never know what all that means...time will tell ;)
    RickM likes this.
  16. kyrgyz

kyrgyz Well-Known Member

Considering the amount of work you are coping with, kudos for staying on track. Since you didn't mention the language files in the announcement, I am guessing we can get access to them only after the release of XenForo 1.0 Beta 1.

Looks like IB took the threat of being tramped by XenForo seriously enough. It's gone south hopping into new hands.
  17. The Sandman

The Sandman Well-Known Member

Actually, I heard that they're retasking the team to developing a XenForo SEO program. :eek:
  18. kyrgyz

kyrgyz Well-Known Member

That's wierd. Well, Nissan is utilizing Toyota's technology in its hybrid cars. Same story here I guess.