XF 1.3 count visits in custom pages

masterchief

When you crate a page node, there is option to turn on 'log and count visits to this page'. Is there a template to include this feature when making custom pages?

regards

What kind of custom page?

If it's external to XenForo then you will need to write some custom code to do that.

I am using templates to create the page, looking for XF resource to add couting and logging of visits.
Code:
<xen:sidebar>
    <xen:include template="sidebar_online_users" />
    <xen:include template="forum_stats" />
</xen:sidebar>
<xen:include template="share_page" />

The code is more complex than a function call and requires custom development. Something I cannot do from a phone. There is no "resource" to do what he wants.

XenForo is full of undocumented resources.. we have autoresponses in conversations directing the conversation to external websites, websites using XenForo integration to validate users as current members of this website. I like it, dont get me wrong.. just want to be made avail to the info like everybody else.

It doesn't really require documentation.

On page load it increases a value in the database by 1 for each visit. There's nothing special about it.

What is this?

"we have autoresponses in conversations"

That isn't a feature of XenForo and is custom development Waindigo did on his server to login as himself programmatically and poll his conversations for new ones, respond, and duplicate them on his site. This feature does not exist in XenForo.

It's possible to authenticate anything that is web-based. If you understand how the system works, you can easily code a bot that can send GET and POST requests to various URLs. This isn't exclusive to XenForo. Any web based service can be manipulated in the same way.

It's possible to authenticate anything that is web-based. If you understand how the system works, you can easily code a bot that can send GET and POST requests to various URLs. This isn't exclusive to XenForo. Any web based service can be manipulated in the same way.

I am aware... my site is constantly under attack... I guess I am just naive.

Top Bottom