1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 count visits in custom pages

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by masterchief, Feb 18, 2014.

1. masterchief

masterchief Well-Known Member

When you crate a page node, there is option to turn on 'log and count visits to this page'. Is there a template to include this feature when making custom pages?

regards

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

What kind of custom page?

If it's external to XenForo then you will need to write some custom code to do that.

3. masterchief

I am using templates to create the page, looking for XF resource to add couting and logging of visits.
    Code:
    <xen:sidebar>
        <xen:include template="sidebar_online_users" />
        <xen:include template="forum_stats" />
    </xen:sidebar>
    <xen:include template="share_page" />

4. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

If it isn't a page node, you'll need custom code to track visits in the database.

5. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

He's asking for that code.

6. Jeremy

The code is more complex than a function call and requires custom development. Something I cannot do from a phone. There is no "resource" to do what he wants.

7. masterchief

XenForo is full of undocumented resources.. we have autoresponses in conversations directing the conversation to external websites, websites using XenForo integration to validate users as current members of this website. I like it, dont get me wrong.. just want to be made avail to the info like everybody else.

8. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

It doesn't really require documentation.

On page load it increases a value in the database by 1 for each visit. There's nothing special about it.

What is this?

"we have autoresponses in conversations"

9. Jeremy

There is no auto conversation reply. That feature does not exist without custom code

10. masterchief

It does exist here on XenForo.com somehow
    >
    >In order that we can serve you better, this conversation has automatically been moved to the following location:
    >http://addon developer website goes here/conversations/275
    >

So I am required to regsiter on external website in order to continue the conversation

11. Jeremy

That isn't a feature of XenForo and is custom development Waindigo did on his server to login as himself programmatically and poll his conversations for new ones, respond, and duplicate them on his site. This feature does not exist in XenForo.

12. masterchief

so... you have BOTS here at XenForo... not cool at all
    knowingly??

Jeremy... are you a BOT?

13. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

It's possible to authenticate anything that is web-based. If you understand how the system works, you can easily code a bot that can send GET and POST requests to various URLs. This isn't exclusive to XenForo. Any web based service can be manipulated in the same way.

14. masterchief

I am aware... my site is constantly under attack... I guess I am just naive.

15. masterchief

dont mind me... just having a little fun this morning

16. Jeremy

There is really nothing you can do about bots. I write them for a living, you can spoof everything you need to be "human" in terms of most servers.

17. masterchief

gotcha... never considered that concept.. it is an awakening