Resource icon

Count Member Profile Views 1.3

No permission to download
I reset profile views in your new Profile Views section at admincp/users
I ran the profile views cron.
On our profiles, the view count is reset. Yay.

But how come it's still showing the old count on the sidebar?

BTW Thanks for adding extra positions to the member_view sidebar. :)
Yay!

Well, there's now 2 cron entries. Run the other one to sort it out.

The only way to do that where my add-on is concerned is to set the Profile Views block position to "Bottom", but that will push the profile views down below the Share Page.

Alternatively, you'd need to do a template edit.

Hi Chris,

I'm thinking of adding an image here:

k81lZ.png

If this is possible, do I need to edit a template?

Hi Chris,

Could you please make this add on compatible with the widget framework, so I can easily adjust the location of the block? I would like to be able to move the list of top views to the member list page.

Thanks, oman

I have your add on installed it is working perfectly with this exception. When I go to a users profile where it is supposed to show the last 5 visitors it only shows my name. I have checked if it was the same using my husbands account and the same is true with that account it only shows his name. Any ideas why this is or what I can do to fix it?

He's saying you don't need HTML to do any of it.

You can do this purely with CSS.

I would guess that the image is a background-image, and is aligned using background-position

This was what I had during playing around:

Code:
.viewCount {
    background: url("/images/watch.png") no-repeat scroll left 2px transparent;
    font-size: 24px;
    font-weight: bold;
    text-align: right;
}

To switch the image of course change left --> right, and the text from right --> left. I'm sure with CSS there are many creative things you can do, I just wanted to see what I could come up with for a start.

(Some of those would have to have !important, I just changed what was in Firebug)

Found a small issue while in debug,

Code:
Template Errors: profile_view_count
Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /public_html/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(265) : eval()'d code, line 17:
16: $i = 0;
17: foreach ($viewers AS $user)
18: {

Chris... for whatever reason, this NEVER shows more than one person:

recent.webp recentawbm.webp

It only shows 1. Not sure what the error is, or why it doesn't change for me. Anyone else have this issue?

Chris... for whatever reason, this NEVER shows more than one person:

View attachment 38385 View attachment 38386

It only shows 1. Not sure what the error is, or why it doesn't change for me. Anyone else have this issue?
It's working as expected.

It literally only shows the most recent visitors and "most recent" is defined as "since the cron last run".

I need to improve upon this. It was done like this for performance more than anything.

Hmmmm... so if 2 different accounts view my profile right now. I will see there name before the next cron, or after?

Hmmmm... so if 2 different accounts view my profile right now. I will see there name before the next cron, or after?
Go on to Shelley's profile right now.

You should see your name straight away, along with mine.

When the cron is run, it removes them all... I know it isn't designed very well :p

Top Bottom