Resource icon

Count Member Profile Views 1.3

No permission to download
Hey Chris,

Once again, great work. I am curious if this could be extended a little further. Does this count unique profile views or just how many times any member views another members profile? Could their be an option to display "Unique Number" or "General Number"? Then, can the number be a link that brings up a small overlay window of all members who have viewed your profile by recent visit? Thanks!

In this version, you have to do it manually with a query:
Code:
UPDATE `xf_user_profile` SET `view_count` = '0'

That resets it to 0 for ALL USERS.

Next version you will be able to do it via the Admin CP / Member Card for single users or for all users via the Admin CP.

OH NO. I mean the top 8 most viewed posters sidebar. The profile view counts were reset but that one hasn't it seems.

OH NO. I mean the top 8 most viewed posters sidebar. The profile view counts were reset but that one hasn't it seems.
That will update within X amount of minutes (I forget the number!)

You can run it yourself via Admin CP > Tools > Cron Entry > Update User Profile View Count > Run

Chris any chance adding an option to show the latest 10 profile visitors by name?

Thank you.

Hi Chris, installed and works great, thanks a lot.
I have a small question, ive been searching for 2 days but i can't find a way to do it. How can i get a particular color for the member text only? Lets say i want the text, (not the number) in red?
Thanks a lot for that help.
ops, got it, at first the different color is...juste because it is a link...hummm:unsure:

Following an update to my Friends by Waindigo add-on, our add-ons now appear to conflict.

It appears to be a problem with the following code (which I assume that you added to fix the previously reported member card bug) in ProfileViewCount_ControllerPublic_Member:
PHP:
if ($this->_input->filterSingle('card', XenForo_Input::UINT))
{
    return $this->responseReroute(__CLASS__, 'card');
}

Can't quite figure out why (something to do with __CLASS__) but this appears to stop other listeners from accessing the card action. Can I suggest you change to the following:
PHP:
if ($this->_input->filterSingle('card', XenForo_Input::UINT))
{
    return $parent;
}

Thanks to Volion for helping to track this one down.

Hi Chris,

Another suggestion for the next update.

Can you make it so that when you click on a username in the sidebar block the member card pops up, rather than just going directly to their profile?

Chris Deeming updated Count Member Profile Views with a new update entry:

Loads of new features! Read on!

• Fixes clash with Waindigo Friends add-on (Thank you Waindigo and Volion) (y)
  • Uses correct <xen:username syntax for displaying the username in the sidebar. As a result, the username now opens the member card (Thank you Harry Fox) (y)
  • Now uses delayed insert to update the profile view count on an hourly Cron Entry (Thank you Lawrence) (y)
  • Your view count no longer increases when you view your own profile
  • Includes option to prevent duplicate profile visits being logged by the same...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thank you! And thanks to Volion. He enabled/disabled about 100 different add-ons for me to try and work out which one was clashing.
Fixed :)

I could have had the clash resolved sooner, but I got carried away with the new features ;)

Hi. I got the error: 'Please enter a valid callback method' when attempting to upgrade this latest update in your addon installer plugin.

Try again.

This happens intermittently with the Installer add-on. I haven't worked out why yet.

When you get the error, usually clicking back in your browser, followed by Install / Upgrade should sort it out.

Oh okay thanks but I already reuploaded it by uploading it to my server. I know now. Thanks!

BTW It's so cool how your addon installer works even with old addons thanks to the folder structure.

I reset profile views in your new Profile Views section at admincp/users
I ran the profile views cron.
On our profiles, the view count is reset. Yay.

But how come it's still showing the old count on the sidebar?

BTW Thanks for adding extra positions to the member_view sidebar. :)

Top Bottom