Core - PixelExit.com

Core - PixelExit.com [Paid] 2.2.14

No permission to buy ($40.00)
Is there a dark version for XF2?

It's included in the next version, few more things to wrap up but it's close.
coredark.webp

Just as a heads up I know you're not a fan of frameworks, Core is still built on a framework but you no longer install the framework itself. It's all bundled inside the core main parent style:

Screenshot_1.webp

Upgrading, you'll just import and overwrite the parent style.

It's not just the separated styles I hate. Its that all skins that frameworks tend to be bloated with **** I don't want or need.

I want a custom style, not features. In my eyes, a style should basically be custom CSS, and as little template modifications as possible. Adding new javascript and bloatware just slows things down.

It's not just the separated styles I hate. Its that all skins that frameworks tend to be bloated with **** I don't want or need.

I want a custom style, not features. In my eyes, a style should basically be custom CSS, and as little template modifications as possible. Adding new javascript and bloatware just slows things down.
Out of the box we use zero additional JS. The only time an extra file is loaded is if you were to enable backstretch. Past that we achieve the collapsing functions using default XF functionality and made sure to use no additional files right now. The whole point of our style framework is to give users options if they want them. If you don’t enable anything extra nothing extra is loaded. We just extend the default style properties with our own options we feel are missing or are beneficial.

Dark version is coming next update, not sure when that is exactly we usually try to update when XF pushes out an update. May come sooner than that though.

If you had version 1 (for XF 1.x) you will just need to renew your license.
That doesn't concern me. I will pay for it again to support the work involved. I usually end up buying around 8-10 skins, and only using one of them.

Dark version is coming next update, not sure when that is exactly we usually try to update when XF pushes out an update. May come sooner than that though.
I'm curious why in more recent versions of this skin you've flattened the colors, instead of sticking with the "glass" design of the 1.2 version (which I still run on 8wayrun.com because I like the glass).

That doesn't concern me. I will pay for it again to support the work involved. I usually end up buying around 8-10 skins, and only using one of them.

I'm curious why in more recent versions of this skin you've flattened the colors, instead of sticking with the "glass" design of the 1.2 version (which I still run on 8wayrun.com because I like the glass).

It was a choice to let users easily choose whatever colors they wanted without using any additional images to achieve the gradients. To adjust the sub-nav it's just a single property you can place whatever gradient you want:

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.webp
    Screenshot_1.webp
    26.9 KB · Views: 20
Just installed on my XF2 test forum... looks fantastic! Better than the XF1 version...

I do wonder however, why certain style properties are duplicated... like sidebar width.

Also, I think the skin would look a TON better if you gave:
Code:
.block-container { border: 1px solid @xf-borderColor; }
Makes every page looks a ton better. Maybe just needs to be cleaned up on thread view.

Adding that would also allow you to get rid of the custom body[data-template="forum_list"] .p-body-pageContent you have.

Just installed on my XF2 test forum... looks fantastic! Better than the XF1 version...

I do wonder however, why certain style properties are duplicated... like sidebar width.

Code:
Makes every page looks a ton better. Maybe just needs to be cleaned up on thread view.

So by default XF has sidebar width setting inside Page Setup. We've added our own group with a few properties specific to the sidebar and simply made it call our custom property. You could technically change the original setting and it'd work the same we just wanted the bulk of the sidebar properties in a single group. I think this is the only property we do it with (if I recall).

Code:
Thanks we'll look into it for the next release, we have a few little minor improvements on it all.

So by default XF has sidebar width setting inside Page Setup. We've added our own group with a few properties specific to the sidebar and simply made it call our custom property. You could technically change the original setting and it'd work the same we just wanted the bulk of the sidebar properties in a single group. I think this is the only property we do it with (if I recall).
Sounds reasonable. I personally would have done it the other way around though. Have the property in the custom group call the original property.

Sounds reasonable. I personally would have done it the other way around though. Have the property in the custom group call the original property.

The idea is so if you want to adjust any part of the sidebar you head to the sidebar group (which XenForo doesn't have, it's something we created).
We'll take it into account though, we're always looking for ways to improve the experience of the styles.

Pixel Exit updated Core - PixelExit.com with a new update entry:

2.0.10 Style Updates

We've pushed out our 2.0.10 updates for all active customers. This is a rather large update which you can view the changes here:
https://pixelexit.com/threads/2-0-10-style-updates.6683/

Additionally I've created a little showcase of some things that made it into the update:
https://pixelexit.com/threads/2-0-10-new-items.6676/

You may download the update here:
https://pixelexit.com/products/license

Thank you everyone!

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom