Core - PixelExit.com [Deleted]

Nice Jaxel :)

Russ, another quick question if you are back - Is there any way to remove the outline left around my portal so that it seamlessly merges between the background I have and the content background colour? Just FYI, this is effectively very close to what I was trying to achieve by enabling the "Break out of content container" option.

www.HackSlashRepeat.com

Nice Jaxel :)

Russ, another quick question if you are back - Is there any way to remove the outline left around my portal so that it seamlessly merges between the background I have and the content background colour? Just FYI, this is effectively very close to what I was trying to achieve by enabling the "Break out of content container" option.

www.HackSlashRepeat.com

To remove it completely go to Style Properties -> General -> Content, remove the box-shadow on it. The top and bottom border is controlled there as well.

Hey Russ,

Looking at this theme for a new project. Just need to know if this works with the responsive add-on? Mobile device support a must!
Thanks

Russ

I surfed over to the fishing forums via mobile, looks good! Will be buying the responsive addon later this week.

Also, is the fishing forum yours? I ask as I see you have style the pagetitle from Shelleys info. I tried it and nothing.

I added this to EXTRA:

Code:
/* THREAD VIEW TITLE BAR ENHANCEMENTS */

.thread_view .titleBar {
    background: url("@imagePath/xenforo/gradients/threadview-bg.png") repeat-x scroll bottom #1982b9; /* Old browsers */
    background: -moz-linear-gradient(top, #1982b9 0%, #036496 50%, #014d75 100%); /* FF3.6+ */
    background: -webkit-gradient(linear, left top, left bottom, color-stop(0%,#1982b9), color-stop(50%,#036496), color-stop(100%,#014d75)); /* Chrome,Safari4+ */
    background: -webkit-linear-gradient(top, #1982b9 0%,#036496 50%,#014d75 100%); /* Chrome10+,Safari5.1+ */
    background: -o-linear-gradient(top, #1982b9 0%,#036496 50%,#014d75 100%); /* Opera 11.10+ */
    background: -ms-linear-gradient(top, #1982b9 0%,#036496 50%,#014d75 100%); /* IE10+ */
    background: linear-gradient(to bottom, #1982b9 0%,#036496 50%,#014d75 100%); /* W3C */
    border: 1px solid #00293f;
    border-radius: 5px;
    margin:0px auto;
    text-align: center;
    padding: 10px 10px;
    box-shadow: 0 0 1px #ffffff inset;
}
.thread_view .titleBar  #pageDescription , .thread_view .titleBar p{
    color: #DCCDBB;
}

.thread_view .titleBar #pageDescription a{
   color: #f7e5b6;
   font-weight: bold;
}

.thread_view .titleBar h1 {
   text-shadow: 0 0 0 transparent, 1px 1px 0 #4B3D2D !important;
}

but nothing is appearing at all, it just stays as stock.

Screen shot 2013-05-09 at 11.59.51 AM.webp

Screen shot 2013-05-09 at 11.59.59 AM.webp

Screen shot 2013-05-09 at 12.00.08 PM.webp

Any pointers to getting it to work on Core?

Cheers

Russ

I surfed over to the fishing forums via mobile, looks good! Will be buying the responsive addon later this week.

Also, is the fishing forum yours? I ask as I see you have style the pagetitle from Shelleys info. I tried it and nothing.

I added this to EXTRA:

Code:

.thread_view .titleBar {
    background: url("@imagePath/xenforo/gradients/threadview-bg.png") repeat-x scroll bottom #1982b9; /* Old browsers */
    background: -moz-linear-gradient(top, #1982b9 0%, #036496 50%, #014d75 100%); /* FF3.6+ */
    background: -webkit-gradient(linear, left top, left bottom, color-stop(0%,#1982b9), color-stop(50%,#036496), color-stop(100%,#014d75)); /* Chrome,Safari4+ */
    background: -webkit-linear-gradient(top, #1982b9 0%,#036496 50%,#014d75 100%); /* Chrome10+,Safari5.1+ */
    background: -o-linear-gradient(top, #1982b9 0%,#036496 50%,#014d75 100%); /* Opera 11.10+ */
    background: -ms-linear-gradient(top, #1982b9 0%,#036496 50%,#014d75 100%); /* IE10+ */
    background: linear-gradient(to bottom, #1982b9 0%,#036496 50%,#014d75 100%); /* W3C */
    border: 1px solid #00293f;
    border-radius: 5px;
    margin:0px auto;
    text-align: center;
    padding: 10px 10px;
    box-shadow: 0 0 1px #ffffff inset;
}
.thread_view .titleBar  #pageDescription , .thread_view .titleBar p{
    color: #DCCDBB;
}

.thread_view .titleBar #pageDescription a{
  font-weight: bold;
}

.thread_view .titleBar h1 {
  text-shadow: 0 0 0 transparent, 1px 1px 0 #4B3D2D !important;
}

but nothing is appearing at all, it just stays as stock.

View attachment 45899

View attachment 45900

View attachment 45901

Any pointers to getting it to work on Core?

Cheers

For some reason an add-on is changing your class, I'm assuming the online/offline thingy.

Change .thread_view in that css to .thread_online

Or remove the .thread_view to make it so it'll do it on ALL titlebars(not just viewing a thread)

Good catch, I suspect it might be the Users Viewing thread addon. Will check that out as well.

Thanks for the speedy response, just loving XF for this point alone!

Cheers

Bingo! with the class change:

Screen shot 2013-05-09 at 12.10.21 PM.webp

Now just need to style the text (and fix whats changing the class name :))

Hey Grey shoot me a PM with your email I'll get you going:)
Thanks for that Russ, I appreciate it. Sorry quick question:

At the moment I have Core as a child of Core (which is my default/blue one), obviously the latter I am keeping as my "untouched" Core. I am editting only the child version. If I install a red Core, do I need to FTP a new folder over, such as Core - Red? Methinks I will have to, otherwise the image files will be overwritten?

And, should I a.) install the new red version as Core on it's own, and then another child version of the red again, and modify that, as I am doing with the blue version? Or b.) should I install the new "Core-Red" as a child of the original Core (which is blue).

Man, how confusing! :) Perhaps a dodgy pictorial will assist:

Currently:
Core (parent)
|
____ Core (child)

Option a)
Core (parent)
|
_____ Core (child)

and separately...

Core-Red (parent)
|
_____Core-Red (child)

Option b)
Core (parent)
|
_____ Core (child)
|
_____ Core-Red (child)

As mentioned, only child styles are being edited.

The way its designed it just needs to be stretched on the right side, I'm out most of the day today with family but a simple fix would be to stretch the image on the right.

Greg when I get home tonight I'll send out an xml , the next version of core will make it easy to add additional colors.

The way its designed it just needs to be stretched on the right side, I'm out most of the day today with family but a simple fix would be to stretch the image on the right.

Greg when I get home tonight I'll send out an xml , the next version of core will make it easy to add additional colors.
Cheers!

EDIT: And if you can let me know about Option A and Option B above, that would be great :)

You've got to remember that XenPorta IS a third party addon, so telling him to "please advise" as if he's obligated to look into it for you is probably going to rub him the wrong way. Just so you know, I have the same issue, but I'm trying to figure it out myself.

Why is that? Core is a PAID style ... I am paying customer... PLEASE advise is a simple request. besides, I know he has been working with Jaxel and the style implementation at 8wayrun. peace

Additionally, I have been trying to figure it out myself. turning off core style until it gets fixed

XenPorta is THE most popular addon

Why is that? Core is a PAID style ... I am paying customer... PLEASE advise is a simple request. besides, I know he has been working with Jaxel and the style implementation at 8wayrun. peace

Additionally, I have been trying to figure it out myself. turning off core style until it gets fixed

XenPorta is THE most popular addon

I think he answered your question already.

Top Bottom