Core - PixelExit.com [Deleted]

after enabling the subforum grid, I am now getting strange category display.. subforum background and its formatting has had major burp

View attachment 46776

That's actually another option it appears you have enabled:

strip.webp

Category Strip Images basically splits the category title into 3 parts which you can style using those properties above on the left.

Disable that and it will go back to normal.

Apologies Greg should of noted :), make a back up of your styles/core/xenforo/sources, then upload the latest sources folder. Inside sources you'll see the different color schemes included.

If you want to run multiple color schemes just import the core XML as a child of the core xml .

Then for the child of the core style go into your style properties -> core properties and change the color to red. I've provided the suggested color codes for each new scheme you'll then go into the color palette on the child and change the XenBaseColor1 to the suggested color provided.

While it seems complicated at first.... once the XML is installed you can change the color schemes in like 10 seconds :)

Let me know if you need help I'll post screenshots( posting from my phone now)
Thanks Russ, I think I get that bit - it's just the actual fresh install of 1.1.5 that I am not sure about, if you have are currently using 1.1.4. If you recommend a clean install of 1.1.5, how do we go about uploading 1.1.5 without overwriting the old 1.1.4 files? As the both packages are in the same directory, so the old files will be overwritten without renaming the new 1.1.5 "core" directory before uploading. I.e. I will have to rename "core" to "corenew" or something.

Honestly, I'll never use the version 1.1.4 style again, so I am half tempted just to overwrite them anyways, install the the style (a a new style, not upgrade), then uninstall 1.1.4?

I hope this makes sense? :)

Thanks Russ, I think I get that bit - it's just the actual fresh install of 1.1.5 that I am not sure about, if you have are currently using 1.1.4. If you recommend a clean install of 1.1.5, how do we go about uploading 1.1.5 without overwriting the old 1.1.4 files? As the both packages are in the same directory, so the old files will be overwritten without renaming the new 1.1.5 "core" directory before uploading. I.e. I will have to rename "core" to "corenew" or something.

Honestly, I'll never use the version 1.1.4 style again, so I am half tempted just to overwrite them anyways, install the the style (a a new style, not upgrade), then uninstall 1.1.4?

I hope this makes sense? :)

It does, there were no file changes in 1.1.5 aside for the folders inside sources, so apologies about the wording. Just simply upload the folders inside the "sources" folder in the 1.1.5 package. The folders are blue/red/green/softblue. You don't need to overwrite anything else. Logos/node-sprite is now placed in the sources/COLOR/

Fresh install I meant in regards to the XML, import the XenBase XML, then import the Core XML as a child of XenBase.

From there you can go into the Style Properties for the Core Style and it's called "Core Properties" then pick your color you want for the first style. Do make the colors work across the board you'll need to adjust the "XenBaseColor1" in the color palette with the suggested color.

It does, there were no file changes in 1.1.5 aside for the folders inside sources, so apologies about the wording. Just simply upload the folders inside the "sources" folder in the 1.1.5 package. The folders are blue/red/green/softblue. You don't need to overwrite anything else. Logos/node-sprite is now placed in the sources/COLOR/

Fresh install I meant in regards to the XML, import the XenBase XML, then import the Core XML as a child of XenBase.

From there you can go into the Style Properties for the Core Style and it's called "Core Properties" then pick your color you want for the first style. Do make the colors work across the board you'll need to adjust the "XenBaseColor1" in the color palette with the suggested color.
Perfect! Thanks!

EDIT: Would it be wise to install an additional Core style to edit, so that the default one stays the same?

1. So should it be: (new copies of everything for every colour):

XenBase -> Core (original) -> Copy of Core to edit (for default/blue)
XenBase -> Core (original) -> Copy of Core to edit (red)
XenBase -> Core (original) -> Copy of Core to edit (... other colours)

2. Or should it be: (one instance of xenBase only, multiple copies of original Core)

-> Core (original) -> Copy of Core to edit (red)​
-> Core (original) -> Copy of Core to edit (... other colours)​

3. Or should it be: (one copy of Core original only)

-> Copy of Core to edit (red)​
-> Copy of Core to edit (... other colours)​

I'm thinking Option 3? Sorry, again this is extremely difficult to explain for me without drawing you diagrams.

Just thinking back to the "default colour palette" issues I had before :)

EDIT 2 (sorry...): What do you suggest to put as xenBaseColor2 and xenBaseColor3 for the red theme?

Hi Russ, any help with the above? :)

Sorry, I'm a newbie, and I just want to make sure I do it the right way. I just need to know Option 1, 2 or 3 and what you suggest for xenBaseColor2 and xenBaseColor3 for the red theme.

Hi Russ, any help with the above? :)

Sorry, I'm a newbie, and I just want to make sure I do it the right way. I just need to know Option 1, 2 or 3 and what you suggest for xenBaseColor2 and xenBaseColor3 for the red theme.

Sorry Greg not sure how I missed your post.

I'd say option 3 for easy upgrades.

In regards to the red, when you're in the Core Style Properties I have the suggested color there for you.

Which you'll only need to apply to the xenBaseColor1 actually.

I also posted a little FAQ over at pixelExit.com in the Core section too if you want to read it there.

Sorry Greg not sure how I missed your post.

I'd say option 3 for easy upgrades.

In regards to the red, when you're in the Core Style Properties I have the suggested color there for you.

Which you'll only need to apply to the xenBaseColor1 actually.

I also posted a little FAQ over at pixelExit.com in the Core section too if you want to read it there.

I know you have suggested what xenBaseColor1 is, but xenBaseColor2 and xenBaseColor3 are not changing from their shades of blue even after setting the "Core color" setting to "red" and setting xenBaseColor1 to "c11414".

I know you have suggested what xenBaseColor1 is, but xenBaseColor2 and xenBaseColor3 are not changing from their shades of blue even after setting the "Core color" setting to "red" and setting xenBaseColor1 to "c11414".

XenBase 2 and 3 are actually justextra colors used for the framework, they don't appear on the style at all. Are you still seeing blue on the red one?

If you'd like you can give me an account with only styling privileges on it and I can take a look.

XenBase 2 and 3 are actually justextra colors used for the framework, they don't appear on the style at all. Are you still seeing blue on the red one?

If you'd like you can give me an account with only styling privileges on it and I can take a look.

Ahhh ha! No problems, I think I'm good now :)

EDIT: Ok, colours aside, now I am having problems with my Footer displaying. It's not displaying at all, and after trying to search for the "core_footerlists" template, it actually doesn't exist? To install the new core, all I did was copy over the "sources" folder as you suggested. Do I need to copy anything else over? I can verify that there is an issue because my footer is completely gone. FWIW, the template "core_footersocial" also does not exist in the new one, but it does in the old version of Core.

I have set Core - Red as an available style on my site, if you want to give it a go.

EDIT2: Ok, it turns out that "Enable XenBase Advanced Footer" is disabled by default. Maybe it should be enabled by default - the style looks broken without it :)

(Quote from Jaxel's thread)
Yeah that looks alot better. Nice.

Something that may not bother you but look underneath the categorystrips and you'll notice a blue bottom-border which I've always found odd being there you might wany (or not) removing that.

Code:
.nodeList .categoryStrip {
    border-bottom: 1px solid #2D89BC;}

Edit: Looks like the sub headings have it also. Not sure whether russ did this by

Code:
.subHeading {
    border-bottom: 1px solid #2D89BC;

Hi Russ, is there a better way of doing this? Basically I want to make the strips under all headings (including XenPorta headings) 4px instead of 1px, I think it looks a lot better. Any ideas?

(Quote from Jaxel's thread)

Hi Russ, is there a better way of doing this? Basically I want to make the strips under all headings (including XenPorta headings) 4px instead of 1px, I think it looks a lot better. Any ideas?

Need to do 2 things Greg:

First go go to the Sidebar -> BLOCK HEADING

Add a bottom border with the xenBaseColor1 // solid // 3px (the sidebar image comes with 1 px which I'll fix next release)

Also adjust the padding-bottom instead of 11px, make it 10px.
corebar1.webp

Then go to Building Blocks: SUB-HEADING

Here all you need to do is add a bottom-border solid with 4px using xenbasecolor1

corebar2.webp

Hope that helps Greg

Hi there, seem to be getting this issue when I click anything todo with my profile my sub-nav bar moves to the right.
00d7b77463495d49e4cdc9a7deabc54a.png

3ecc2eb44ac262f2d6401a061118404c.png

@Alex_Summers

Throw this in extra.css

Code:
.navTabs .navTab.selected .tabLinks {
position:static;
}

Not the official fix that I'll roll out but for the time being it'll do.

Hi there, that unfortunately didn't work. If you not busy would there be any chance you could take a look? If not it's okay i'll just wait till next release :)

[EDIT]
Re-installed styles and plugins and everything works now :)

Last edited:
Just a heads up... considering 1.2 is in beta we'll be updating our premium styles in the near future, we'll be taking our time making sure everything is functioning the best it can with the new responsive design.

Just a heads up... considering 1.2 is in beta we'll be updating our premium styles in the near future, we'll be taking our time making sure everything is functioning the best it can with the new responsive design.

If you can make everything play nice with the responsive design it'll be worth the wait :-)

We plan on changing our site's style to Core once it's ready.

Top Bottom