1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copyright for content written at xenforo.com?

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by HWS, Mar 14, 2015.

1. HWS

HWS Well-Known Member

I recently recognized that there is at least one developer who seems to mirror all content written in the discussion threads of his add-ons here at xenforo.com to his own site.

If someone takes part in such a discussion who is not registered at his site also, the content of the message will be copied over with the same username but a "Guest" allocation.

Since I don't like to have my posts written at this site copied to a foreign site, I am asking about an official statement from XenForo about that. Is it allowed for a developer to copy his support threads to his own site?

Thank you.
    otto and Lemminator like this.
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

The copyright state is stated clearly in the rules: https://xenforo.com/community/help/terms If you believe someone is violating your copyright on another site, you would need to contact them directly to resolve it. (Or go through DMCA, etc.)
    rbharathi, HWS, otto and 1 other person like this.
  3. otto

otto Well-Known Member

Good morning,

What is with this point:
    A - the developer do this illegal
    B - the developer do this with permission from xenforo

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It would require permission from XenForo.
    Lemminator, otto and mcatze like this.
  5. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

If there is a specific complaint or concern, please start a Conversation with a member of staff with details.
    Lemminator, otto and mcatze like this.
  6. otto

otto Well-Known Member

Hello Chris, Brogan

Ok, thanks - i have made a conversion now.
    Lemminator, DivokyMuz and mcatze like this.