1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copying the structure of a category + Refreshing the page

Discussion in 'Resource Manager Suggestions' started by AliS, Jan 2, 2016.

1. AliS

AliS New Member

Hello All,

I am moving from the old fashion vB 4.2 to the amazing Xenforo 1.5 and I am really interested in the Resource Manager. I believe there should be to main features to enhance the performance:

1) Ability to copy the structure of a category multiple times.
    I am planning to create really A LOT of categories. Each category has multiple levels of sub-categories. It is hard to do it one by one. Therefore, there should be a way to use the structure multiple times.
    Here is an example:

Currently, if I need to to create a category B with the same structure, I should do the same process done in A again, which will be too hard and time-wasting if I need to create 300 copy of it.

2) Control page refreshing
    It is a little bit annoying to refresh the page every time one clicks on a category. Instead, I think it will be useful to control this, so the administrator decides either to refresh the page after a user clicks or just to show the sub-categories. Another easy solution is to refresh only at a tail category.

Or just you can use some tricks using CSS and other languages to reload without refreshing the whole page (I do not know if what I am saying makes sense or even possible.)

2. AliS

AliS New Member

--- aaa

--- bbb

--- ccc