Lack of interest Copy paste, right click

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Faust

Hi. I would like to ask if its possible to implement in next upgrades, option for photos, to prevent them copying from forum, by disabling right click when clicking on them and appear a copyright notice and disabling copy and paste function from browser. Cheers.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Disabling right click on websites has never worked. Never.

It may confuse those who aren't very technologically aware but basically the best you can hope for is to slow down someone who wants to copy/save your content. If it's on the net, people can copy it.

Thanks a will try that. I haven't mentioned this for entire content. But only for images, when someone tries to drag the image or tries to copy. I own a photography website and has a plugin which does work very on images.

Disabling right click on websites has never worked. Never.

One of the sites I post my writing on disables it for stories and we still got scraped, including cover images, real good. They were a little too thorough as the original attributions and copyright statements were still visible on many stories, even though the person who scraped them was trying to claim credit. So there's a case right there of what djbaxter is talking about.

(For the record, some of us tracked down their host and complained but I am not sure anything happened)

As a photographer, I tell others not to waste time watermarking their images as theft is much quicker than you think. Here is an example of how I could take your pic in less than 30 sec (photo: courtesy Pixabay).

Download/Open/Watermark (5 sec)

1600022518265.webp

Lasso tool (5 sec):

1600022592837.webp

Photoshop > Content-aware Fill:

1600022678517.webp

Creating this thread with similar Google images to find the original source with Pixabay all over Page 1 (14 sec):

Exactly. You can slow people down or make them go through more steps but if it's on the internet and they want it they'll take it.

Depends on website I guess. I tried to copy images from my own photo site , and it’s pretty secure, but yes, if someone wants really to steal the photo, he will find the way.

Depends on website I guess. I tried to copy images from my own photo site , and it’s pretty secure, but yes, if someone wants really to steal the photo, he will find the way.
Print screen, crop, remove the watermark if any; you barely slowed anyone down who knows IP theft inside and out. :)

Browser does it for you anyway. Click on the favicon then select "media." No special software or super knowledge required.

To make someone to go so far, that will mean you will have some naked images with Jennifer Lopez
I'd like to test how quickly this protection can be broken if you could PM me a link.

It might just work on XF (at least XFMG) as it sounds like it could be hardened a bit more with an add on to accomplish this over right-click.

I'd like to test how quickly this protection can be broken if you could PM me a link.

It might just work on XF (at least XFMG) as it sounds like it could be hardened a bit more with an add on to accomplish this over right-click.

Unfortunately I don't share my websites. But I can assure you that the personal website which I'm running for photography isn't on WordPress or XenForo.

Unfortunately I don't share my websites. But I can assure you that the personal website which I'm running for photography isn't on WordPress or XenForo.
Anonymity is the greatest thing you can buy in life and once it's sold, it's gone forever, so I respect that. I just wanted a challenge to see if I could break it and in how long using various devices, etc. :)

Anonymity is the greatest thing you can buy in life and once it's sold, it's gone forever, so I respect that. I just wanted a challenge to see if I could break it and in how long using various devices, etc. :)

Privacy is the only thing what our grandparents had and we don't unfortunately. That's why me as I photographer prefer to host images on my own servers instead of throwing them on Instagram or Facebook. Anyway, I'm using KOKEN CMS for my personal website.

Top Bottom