Fixed Copy and paste stops working after long use

AndyB

Affected version
XenForo 2.0.0
I noticed that on occasion the copy/paste stops working after long use. I notice this when editing in resource manager. When this occurs I switch to BB code editor as that will still work.

I'm using macOS and Firefox.

We've just rolled out Froala 2.7.3 here. Although I could reproduce this similar to the video above before the update, I no longer can.

Hopefully that's a good sign...?

@Chris D Are you able to reproduce this issue? This issue still happening for me here. Example: I can not paste any text here from other place before any text copied from here. Its still paste the old copied text, not new from other place. But its do working from Toggle BB Code.

I've noticed copy paste problems, it seems intermittent so reproducing hard. Maybe some of this info will help someone reproduce .
  • Using Firefox latest version ( windows 10 )
  • Happens more often when you have more than one tab open.
  • If you copy something first from Xenforo, for example something from 3 posts above.
  • Then navigate to a different tab, copy something from another page.
  • Then try and paste that newly copied text into a xenforo reply
  • More often than not, it pastes the text which you copied originally, not the newest item on the clipboard.
Like I say, It doesnt happen every time but its ALWAYS happened as a result of copying text from an XF post first, then attempting to paste something else a short time later, the original copy seems to take over.

I still can't repro it on macOS though I think you can, Andy.

Can you all provide browser and OS versions and also see if it can be reproduced in other browsers?

It just happened to me again, copy stopped working in the WYSIWYG editor. I had two tabs open in Firefox, one was to page here:

https://www.xf2addons.com/resources/remove-rss.93/

The other tab was to a Conversation.

I highlighted the URL because I wanted to paste into a Conversation located in the same domain (xf2addons.com). I was not able to paste the URL, it kept pasting the previously copied text, I had to switch to BB code editor to paste the URL.

What happens is when I try to copy & paste, it ignores it, and copies the older text that I had copied.

The long way around it, is to post the thread /post, and then edit it.

What happens is when I try to copy & paste, it ignores it, and copies the older text that I had copied.

The long way around it, is to post the thread /post, and then edit it.

Please indicate the operating system and browser you're using.

Top Bottom