XF 1.5 Copy and Paste images

Joeychgo

I've noticed that sometimes I can copy and paste images into a post, other times I cannot.

Can someone explain this to me please?

Have you got a specific example of what you are copying and pasting from? Or is a bit random? Which browser and OS? Is it a problem just on your own site or here too?

Lets see if this works copying an image from FF and pasting it.

717.jpg

I read this as copy and paste from a computer desktop, which I didn't know was possible. However dragging and dropping from a desktop is no problem, as mentioned.

As my previous post was not exactly obvious that it was an image, I tried pasting it again after adding some visual effects to it. I pasted it and then got the following.

upload_2015-8-16_13-47-58.webp

Funny thing is, the image in this post was pasted from the clipboard.

There are browser differences as to what specifically is available in terms of pasting files from the clipboard. There are a couple of different representations of an image and I believe Chrome only supports one (the image data in the clipboard, not the file reference).

The short answer is browser limitations and how the image is actually stored in your computer's clipboard. There's really not anything that you (or we) can do about it, as far as I know.

Top Bottom