Resource icon

Convert Threads to Resources 1.0.2

No permission to download

siONtI

FrederikP submitted a new resource:

Convert Threads to Resources 1.0.2 - Convert the first post from an existing forum thread into a resource manager resource.

This add-on allows you to convert the first post of an existing forum thread into a resource manager resource. The newly created resource will be posted under the original thread starter and will retain the original thread date. The first post of the converted thread will be updated to link to the newly created resource.

All attached images will be associated to the newly created resource. The first non-image attachment will be converted to a resource manager attachment...

Read more about this resource...

I give a try to this great addon at my friends forum. The add-on successfully converts the first post of an existing forum thread into a resource manager resource.

But as you can see, "OVERVIEW" and "DISCUSSION" tabs are missing.

Screenshot_1.webp

I guess, because of the same reason the first post of the converted thread is not been updated to link to the newly created resource.

I give a try to this great addon at my friends forum. The add-on successfully converts the first post of an existing forum thread into a resource manager resource.

But as you can see, "OVERVIEW" and "DISCUSSION" tabs are missing.

View attachment 178527

I guess, because of the same reason the first post of the converted thread is not been updated to link to the newly created resource.
Do you set up forum for that resource category?

I am having a slight issue, all the options that you said are selected. But for some reason the file based attachments are not moving at all. I am not seeing any errors in the logs either. It moves the images to the bottom of the resource post but no download button is shown. I am testing this with the current xenforo 2.0.10. Thanks in advance!

This still works great. I was a bit confused at first tho.

When you convert to a resource, you expect the first attachment in the thread to be turned into a resource download. It does not.

After converting you must do "change resource type", change it to a file download. Add the attachment from the thread as a resource download by posting an update. Then delete the original attachment in the discussion. Only takes an extra 20 seconds.

You have to find the permission to convert threads to resoruces, it is hidden in forum moderator permissions.
I could convert some threads now, the attachments are moved also, but there is no resource icon.
I will search now, if i have missed an option maybe.

Hi Robert9, useful your instructions. The resources icons must be enabled in ACP - Setting - Xenfor Resources Manager
Check there ;)

But I'm having a problem, when I convert a thread/post, it create the resource, but the original post (content) remain the same also in the post, so it din't change the content of the original primary post saying "I have posted a new resources if you want read it go here: link".

Also the icon of the resource converted remain empty and is not created automatically.

Any idea?

Top Bottom