Convert SMF 2.0.1 to Xenforo

Sabius

I have an SMF 2.0.1 (behind by several versions) forum that I want to convert to Xenforo 2.

I've searched quite a bit and have not found much in terms of successful conversions. The most recent thread I found says you need to install Xenforo 1.5 first, then do a conversion, then upgrade to Xenforo 2. I'm not sure if this is still the proper way to go about it or if there is a revised conversion process.

Speaking of, what would be the official conversion process for SMF 2.0.1 to Xenforo2? I'd like to get a confirmation. Also, are there any known issues with this type of conversion that I need to think about?

I've searched quite a bit and have not found much in terms of successful conversions. The most recent thread I found says you need to install Xenforo 1.5 first, then do a conversion, then upgrade to Xenforo 2. I'm not sure if this is still the proper way to go about it or if there is a revised conversion process.
That's still the correct process right now.

The process should be fairly straight forward. No known issues - the SMF importer is mostly tried and tested. That said, we'd strongly recommend doing several test imports before committing to a final migration so you can be sure that everything works correctly.

So as far as using the importer, do I just need to have a copy of the the current SMF database available in MySql? Do I need any of the SMF php pages functional? I'm planning to migrate to a completely new server for Xenforo, so I my plan is to provide a copy of the MySql DB for the converter and nothing else.

Early welcome to the Xenforo Family! I also converted from SMF 2.x, but my forum was so new, it wasn’t worth importing from with such low amounts of content (mostly from me).

If you have any questions about some SMF feature, with XF’s version of it, I can try to help.

Como convierto?? Tengo smf 2.0.15
El soporte del foro se proporciona en inglés. Y sí, SMF se puede convertir, pero el convertidor es BETA. Cómo se proporciona, si se necesita ayuda, después de comprar una licencia.

In English (the above is a Google translation and why support is provided in English).
Forum support is provided in English. And yes, SMF can be converted, but the converter is BETA. The how is provided, if assistance is needed, after buying a license.

El soporte del foro se proporciona en inglés. Y sí, SMF se puede convertir, pero el convertidor es BETA. Cómo se proporciona, si se necesita ayuda, después de comprar una licencia.

In English (the above is a Google translation and why support is provided in English).
Forum support is provided in English. And yes, SMF can be converted, but the converter is BETA. The how is provided, if assistance is needed, after buying a license.

I understand, where did I download the converter? I already have a license. Thanks so match

You would need to import into XF1 then upgrade to XF2.

Version 1.5 of XenForo supports importing data from the following:

• vBulletin 3.6, 3.7/3.8, and 4.x
  • IP.Board 3.1, 3.2/3.3, 3.4, and 4.0/4.1/4.2
  • phpBB 3.0.x, 3.1.x, 3.2.x
  • MyBB 1.6/1.8
  • SMF 2.0
  • XenForo 1.2+

At the time of writing, XenForo 2 supports importing data from the following sources:

• XenForo 2
  • vBulletin 3.6 to 5.3

You would need to import into XF1 then upgrade to XF2.

Version 1.5 of XenForo supports importing data from the following:

• vBulletin 3.6, 3.7/3.8, and 4.x
  • IP.Board 3.1, 3.2/3.3, 3.4, and 4.0/4.1/4.2
  • phpBB 3.0.x, 3.1.x, 3.2.x
  • MyBB 1.6/1.8
  • SMF 2.0
  • XenForo 1.2+

At the time of writing, XenForo 2 supports importing data from the following sources:

• XenForo 2
  • vBulletin 3.6 to 5.3

Would be nice if XF2 supported ips 4.3.. lol (most recent)

Is it still the case that I need to "install Xenforo 1.5 first, then do a conversion, then upgrade to Xenforo 2"? Or has a convertor for SMF 2.0.x been added to Xenforo 2 since this thread was started in March 2018?

There is an importer for SMF2 in XF2 now.

Once you have purchased a XenForo license, you can also download the "XenForo Importers" add-on which includes a SMF 2.0.x importer.
How can I purchase the xenforo license and after that how will I make use of it. Am new here as I just join few minutes ago. I need better explanation for the conversion as soon as possible. Thanks

Top Bottom