Lack of interest Convert resources to article threads

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Mr Lucky

If a resource is a tutorial it may make more sense now that we should be able to convert them to article threads. Although this also begs the question that article threads should have reviews and star ratings. (Hence although that should maybe be a separate suggestion, I think it should be implied by this suggestion.)

I think this would be much neater for those resources that are tutorials, guides, reviews etc. instead of discussion being hived off into a thread that is sort of divorced from the actual resource. We tend to be OK with that because we know the system, but in terms of useability the article thread is much more elegant.

Upvote 6
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
If a resource is a tutorial it may make more sense now that we should be able to convert them to article threads.
I think this would be much neater for those resources that are tutorials, guides, reviews etc.
in terms of useability the article thread is much more elegant.
Agreed, would like to see this too.

We're already warned about loss of data when converting thread types, so converting a resource thread into an article thread (copying the resource content and attachments into the thread) and disconnecting the thread from the resource, would be good.

Agreed, would like to see this too.

We're already warned about loss of data when converting thread types, so converting a resource thread into an article thread (copying the resource content and attachments into the thread) and disconnecting the thread from the resource, would be good.
In my case I have done it all manually, the download link has to be copied, attachments need to be attached and you lose the reviews/ratings that were added to the resource.

But I think in my case it was worth it, I believe the article thread is better for SEO that resources. Not sure, it's mostly a gut feeling. But for me the presentation is better anyway as most of our resources are reviews or tutorials.

Top Bottom