Not a bug Moving Discussion threads to Article forum produces error

Grant

Affected version
I'm in the midst of converting a VB4 forum to XF2

One thing I have noted is that when I move an old thread to a discussion forum (when there have been no new replies since converting to XF), I get this error

Code:
InvalidArgumentException: First post (0) in thread 288010 could not be pinned in src/XF/ThreadViewData.php at line 94
   XF\ThreadViewData->pinFirstPost() in src/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php at line 113
   XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionIndex() in src/addons/XFMG/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php at line 11
   XFMG\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionIndex() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 350
   XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 257
   XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 113
   XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 55
   XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2326
   XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 488
   XF::runApp() in index.php at line 20

If a thread was started on VB and continued in XF, then the first XF post becomes the pinned article post and not the first post in the thread.

Any new threads completely made in XF are fine.

Have you finalized the import? That triggers a number of rebuilds, including first/last post data. The values there indicate that there's no info about this, which is unexpected in normal use, but would fit with the import not being complete yet.

Ah that might be it. I did the import about 2 years ago (been spending a while on this...) and so that may be the case. I'll try with a fresh install and new import!

Top Bottom