Convert image

Convert image [Paid] 4.7

No permission to buy ($35.00)
I'm just testing XF2.2 on my dev version and this addon still seems to function as intended. Of course a simple reply from the author a couple of months ago should have sufficed.

Your questions aren't really valid for this addon as the intended use for this is to not proxy anything but instead copy the remote image to your Xenforo server as an attachment.

When this add-on is trying to download the linked image from another server, will that server log the real IP address of my server?

When this add-on is trying to download the linked image from another server, will that server log the real IP address of my server?
I'd have to say yes since it's the HTTP request from your server that's making the call to the image, not Cloudflare.

I'd have to say yes since it's the HTTP request from your server that's making the call to the image, not Cloudflare.

That's why I got those questions regarding IP leaking..

I want to be sure there won't be IP leaking issue when using this app. But how?

It works on XF 2.2 just fine.

if you go to the developer’s site, you will find all compatibility documented there. And also AndyB will answer any questions you post to that site about the add-ons. He is responsive to questions as well as suggestions and comments.

Nice addon, here are some fixes you could implement if you want.

1.) Support Webp images -> convert to png automatically. (PHP 7.1+)
2.) Regex fails for some posts like \nURL, the following will match everything.
3.) Urls will sometimes start with a space and end with a space

Thanks again for the awesome addon.

1+ for webp support!

@AndyB Is that an option that can be turned off? I'm not sure of a situation that I'd want a optimized webp being replaced by one that takes more storage.

Hi, we noticed this addon does not preserve image attributes within the [img] tags, for example, if a user sets an image to be sized as such:

[IMG width="100px"][IMG]

Still becomes a full size version of the original image:

[ATTACH=full][/ATTACH]

The expectation is the ATTACH tag would include the original width or height attribute:

[ATTACH=full width="100px"][/ATTACH]

Would it be possible to preserve these image dimensions? Some examples of valid img syntax:

Code:
[img][/img]
[img height="20px"][/img]
[img width=10% height=auto][/img]
[IMG height="20px" width="50px"][/img]

Example output:

HSkSW1n.png

HSkSW1n.png

HSkSW1n.png

HSkSW1n.png

ATTACH output always the same:

HSkSW1n.png

The addon is also seemingly not converting img tags nested in a URL tag correctly, for example:

[url=google.com]Next -> [img]https://iili.io/HSkSW1n.png[/img][/url]

The intended result is this, note the text and image are both clickable:

Next ->

But the addon converts it to this, destroying the link information in the process not just for the image, but for the text as well:

Next ->[ATTACH=full]285618[/ATTACH]

Actual result:

Next ->HSkSW1n.webp

Note the links being stripped from nested image tags is an option that can be turned off in ACP per Andy. It is apparently enabled by default and we didn't see it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom