Convert image

Convert image [Paid] 4.7

No permission to buy ($35.00)

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

Convert image - Converts hot linked images to attachments.

Premium upgrade:

For $25.00 USD this add-on along with the entire collection may be downloaded for up to one year. Please see the colletion in the Resources area at this URL:

https://www.xf2addons.com/

Description:

Converts hot linked images to attachments.

The Convert image add-on will convert hot linked images in messages to attachments. Hot linked images are those images that have been inserted using the Image icon in the editor toolbar.

(Example of hot...

Read more about this resource...

Many people like myself are already using PHP 7.x.x where ImageMagick is long gone. Are you ever going to be able to come up with a new way of making this add-on work without ImageMagick, etc.?

Maybe if you have your own server and you make it work, but most hosting companies are not even going to install ImageMagick with PHP 7 because ImageMagick is considered to be depreciated now.

Is ImageMagick slower...
Both extensions are similar in the functionality, however, Imagick allows to achieve better results with all basic operations:

• Creation of thumbnails from original photos: Imagick is faster by about 10% and generates images of higher quality, memory usage rate with Imagick is also lower than in case of GD.
  • Applying the sharpening filter: Imagick performs this task several times faster than GD.
  • Rotation and cropping require thumbnails re-generation which is why Imagick still stays ahead of GD.

Still missing the point. If hosting companies are not going to install it for use with PHP 7 then this add-on and the ones that require ImageMagick are completely useless. So, what's the alternative when you dont have your own server?

Last edited:
Both extensions are similar in the functionality, however, Imagick allows to achieve better results with all basic operations:

• Creation of thumbnails from original photos: Imagick is faster by about 10% and generates images of higher quality, memory usage rate with Imagick is also lower than in case of GD.
  • Applying the sharpening filter: Imagick performs this task several times faster than GD.
  • Rotation and cropping require thumbnails re-generation which is why Imagick still stays ahead of GD.

Thanks Robru for the info!!!

@AndyB your description is a bit contraty. Compare the second sentence of the text and the image:
This add-on requires a restricted Maximum attachment image dimensions setting. You cannot use 0 or blank as an option. I suggest using 1600 x 1600.

pic003-jpg.157018

Hi, I'm getting the following error when setting the tmp folder in options:

Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console.

I verified directory has 0755 permissions (was working previously with XF 1.5 add-on)

Any ideas?

Does this update fix all the existing problems in the databases where this addon is installed, or does this just stop it from happening again?
I confirmed with Andy it does not. Here is a update query to fix all the existing attach_count mismatches:
Code:
UPDATE xf_post AS post
INNER JOIN (SELECT content_id, COUNT(content_id) AS count FROM xf_attachment
WHERE content_type = 'post'
GROUP BY content_id) attachment ON post.post_id = attachment.content_id
SET post.attach_count = attachment.count
WHERE post.attach_count <> attachment.count
After you run it you can check to make sure there are no more mismatches:
Code:
SELECT post.post_id, post.attach_count, attachment.count
FROM xf_post as post
INNER JOIN (SELECT content_id, COUNT(content_id) AS count FROM xf_attachment WHERE content_type = 'post' GROUP BY content_id) attachment ON post.post_id = attachment.content_id
WHERE post.attach_count <> attachment.count

DISCLAIMER: updating the database is risky business, and you should backup your site/database before doing so. I am not responsible for bad things that may happen :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom