Convert image

Convert image [Paid] 4.7

No permission to buy ($35.00)
While I'm sure there must be a reasonable explanation, and you likely aren't the only person to occasionally not follow all of the standards, I should point out that it would be incredibly wise to ensure the standards are being followed now because if there was such a time in the future where there was closer scrutiny, it makes sense to be on top of it now.

Can you elaborate on this please?

It's due to this to comply with resource standards:

Question about how this add-on functions when the linked images exceed the "maximum attachment image dimension" settings. I have a member trying to reference an image on https://i.imgur.com/ and the image is larger than the max dimension settings but not the max file size setting. He gets an Oops error upon submission. I've replicated the error myself. Our attachment file size max is 5120 kb and the dimension settings are 2,000 x 2,000 pixels. The file size of one of the linked images is 3.5Mb but it's over 5,000 pixels wide. Would that prevent it from being converted? Or should it still work?

I love this addon in many ways.
But many times there are no results.

Today i have checked the guzzle code for fetching and got memory erros (that make no sense)

Then i have replaced the guzzle code with this:

Code:
header("Content-Type: image/jpeg");

$url = $imglink;
$ch = curl_init();
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, $url);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HEADER, false);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, true);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, false);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_USERAGENT, 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1) AppleWebKit/537.11 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/23.0.1271.1 Safari/537.11');
$response = curl_exec($ch);
$rescode = curl_getinfo($ch, CURLINFO_HTTP_CODE);
curl_close($ch) ;

and now i can fetch also these images i could not fetch before.

Maybe you can see the difference between guzzle with memory erros and curl without.
You may try to fetch an image from a xenforo forum to test if your addon can fetch the image.

You may try to fetch an image from a xenforo forum to test if your addon can fetch the image.

This is still not solved. My version from above is able to get pictures from some websites where the original code is not useable.
But is still cant fetch pictures from a xenforo-forum.

I have 2 questions regarding this add-on.

1) Do I have to enable Image and link proxy in ACP? Does it have anything to do with this add-on?

2) I'm behind Cloudflare which hides my IP address, can I prevent my IP from being revealed by just adding $config['http']['proxy']; in my src/config.php?

What is the exact syntax for $config['http']['proxy']; in config.php?

Do I need to set up an image proxy server? Do I even need it? I'm not really familiar with this kind of thing so maybe I'm not asking the right questions.

Last edited:
Does it work for XF2.2?
I'm just testing XF2.2 on my dev version and this addon still seems to function as intended. Of course a simple reply from the author a couple of months ago should have sufficed.

I have 2 questions regarding this add-on.
Your questions aren't really valid for this addon as the intended use for this is to not proxy anything but instead copy the remote image to your Xenforo server as an attachment.

Top Bottom