Convert Image All

Convert Image All 6.8

No permission to download
I have a lot of errors such as:
Code:
Fatal Error: imagecreatefromjpeg(): gd-jpeg: JPEG library reports unrecoverable error: Not a JPEG file: starts with 0x89 0x50

There are some scenarios where this can happen.
Some examples.

The picture is encrypted.
The link will be redirected on the server.

There is any way to remove duplicates from this addon?

I noticed, that addon duplicates attachments:
upload_2017-4-11_9-17-2-png.151084

upload_2017-4-11_9-26-47-png.151085

upload_2017-4-11_9-28-5-png.151086

:(

Currently having some issues with the addon which isn't running properly on a fresh installation of xF on it's latest version and the ThemeHouse Framework Addon which enables me to download my purchased styles.

Already checked the folder, works just fine (Files are created inside the assigned temp folder) but the addon doesn't seem to go beyond that and prints a server error.

Edit: Andy pointed that i needed to have an attachment made first, that sorted out the issue i was having.

Thanks for the support!

Attachments

• Attach.webp
    Attach.webp
    56.3 KB · Views: 18
  • Convert.webp
    Convert.webp
    29.9 KB · Views: 17
  • Error.webp
    Error.webp
    20 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
I've found that there are false error messages given when also using the Add On [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO. After using ConvertImageAll to convert all old images on my forum I deleted ConvertImageAll as it's not necessary as ConvertImage does the job with all new images. No more false errors are shown.

I'm just upgrading to v5.0 with the new mix/max dimension fields.

Do I need to have something in these fields? Can I enter 0 in both fields to convert ALL images?

If not, what would be a practical, modern-day maximum dimension (I'm fairly certain the default 3500 won't be big enough)?

Also, does this apply to images AFTER they've been resized by the XF board defaults, or before?

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Last edited:
Has someone an idea how to restrict this for extern images?
I have some hotlinked images coming from the same server and i dont want them to be included as an attachment.
They should stay hotlinked images.
So probably somewhere we can say:
if URL like http://myownone.com do nothing
else ...

On one of my sites I'm getting a blank page when running this via URL. I have the batch size set to 100.

Only a single file is written into the tmp directory, and the blank page is nearly instantaneous - ie it's not chugging in the background.

display_errors is set to On as is log_errors. I can't find any errors anywhere, it just goes to a blank page. I did try skipping the post ID it was doing this on at first, but it seems all posts/images do this so it's nothing related to a specific image.

Ideas?

Tracked it down to this...

ErrorException: Fatal Error: imagecreatefromjpeg(): gd-jpeg: JPEG library reports unrecoverable error: Not a JPEG file: starts with 0x89 0x50 -

Does running into this on a single image totally break the plugin?

This looks like a great add-on. Two features which would likely make it better would be:
  1. Ignore hotlinks to the same server (i.e., XenForo Media Gallery)
  2. Add the option for adding a watermark to each image

Last edited:
What has changed in version 5.8, please?

Update

Answered by Andy:

A lot has been changed:

-Improved thumbnail creation dealing with animated gif's
-Better image verification
-EXIF image rotation added
-The code has been cleaned up
-Eliminated Max Frames option

Last edited:
This looks like a great add-on. Two features which would likely make it better would be:
  1. Ignore hotlinks to the same server (i.e., XenForo Media Gallery)
  2. Add the option for adding a watermark to each image
These things are in this add-on: *******.com/resources/external-images-to-attachments.327/ but I'm afraid to buy anything from *******/waindigo, because I know that they have a bad story in this forum.. Maybe one day AndyB will make this option in his add-on. Unfortunately I had to give up this add-on, because I have a lot of pictures, and the capacity of my server is limited (only 50GB)

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom