1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Convert Image All 4.5

Converts ALL hot linked images to attachments.

1. AndyB
    Compatible XF Versions:
    Description:

The Convert Image All add-on will convert hot linked images to attachments.

The hot linked image will be replaced by a full size inline attachment.

(hot linked image)

pic001.jpg

(attachment)

pic002.jpg

This add-on is designed to convert all existing hot linked images contained in all posts. It should also be used every few months to verify there are no hot linked images on your forum.
    Key Features:
    • Images resized using ImageMagick for highest quality
    • Images resized to maximum width and height settings in Admin Control Panel (Options -> Attachments)
    • Setting for temporary image directory
    Requirements:
    • Requires ImageMagick to be installed on your server
    • Requires exec() and chmod execution
    XenForo Control Panel Requirements:

This add-on requires a restricted Maximum Attachment Image Dimensions setting. You cannot use 0 or blank as an option. I use the 1600 x 1600 on my forum.

pic003.jpg

Admin CP -> Home -> Options -> Attachments

Installation:
    1. Download convertimageall_v4.5.zip and unzip it.
    2. Upload the Andy folder to your server. The correct location will be library/Andy.
    3. From your Admin Control Panel, go to the "Install Add-on" page.
    4. Upload the addon-ConvertImage_v4.5.xml file.
    5. Click the Install Add-on button.
    Options:

pic004.jpg

Cron Entry:

This optional feature is used on forums with many posts, it automates the Convert Image All process. Once all posts have been converted please uncheck this Cron Entry option.

pic005.jpg

User Group Permissions:

Set the Administrative User Group Permissions to "Allow".

pic006.jpg

Operation Step 1:

Add "convertimageall" to the end of the URL in your browser.

Examples:
    Code:
    Full Friendly URLs
    http://www.domain.com/convertimageall
    http://www.domain.com/forums/convertimageall

non-Full Friendly URLs
    http://www.domain.com/index.php?convertimageall
    http://www.domain.com/forums/index.php?convertimageall

At this point you will see the following:

pic007.jpg

Operation Step 2:

To convert hot links images, click the "Update 1 posts" link.

At this point you will receive a confirmation "Update successful" message.

Press the back button. At this point it will appear as nothing has happened because you are looking at a cached page, if you reload the page you will see the next post number to convert.

Once you have verified the add-on is working correctly, you can increase the Limit in the Options, then reload the page. For example you can set the Limit switch to 1000, however note setting the Limit switch to a very high number will result in timeout errors. Click the "Update posts" link and 1000 posts will have hot linked images converted to attachments.

Operation Step 3 (Optional):

To run this add-on automatically every 10 minutes, go to the Cron Entry in your Admin Control Panel and enable the Convert Image All entry. There is a table called xf_convert_image_all which stores the last post ID the add-on has processed. The Cron Entry will start with the first post and continue until the last post has been processed. Be sure to set the Limit in the Options page to a higher number like 1000 so each 10 minutes 1000 posts will be processed.

Add 'convertimageall' to your URL to check the progress of the Cron Entry:

pic008.jpg

The Cron Entry will be completed when the Cron Entry Post ID is close to the last post ID in your forum, note you do need to reload the page to get the latest post ID that was processed. Use phpMyAdmin to determine what is the last post_id of your forum, look at the xf_post table.

Question and Answers:

Q: Some hot linked image are not converted, why is this?
    A: If a hot linked image URL does not have a proper extension (ie: .jpg .png or .png) it will not convert, these need manual fixing.

Q: Why isn't GD supported?
    A: GD does a terrible job of creating large images.

Q: Can files in the /tmp/ directory be deleted?
    A: Yes, all the files can be deleted at any time.​

Sending a donation:

If you like this add-on, please consider sending a small donation.

https://www.paypal.me/andybajka

Thank you.
    Glockie, MstrfBlng, Robru and 16 others like this.

Recent Updates

1. See description
  2. See description
  3. See description

Recent Reviews

1. Sam F
    Sam F
    5/5,
    Version: 4.2
    I nice add-on which embeds an image, which keeps images from showing up as dead linked images. Nothing worse them reading a post with dead images.
  2. AFT
    AFT
    5/5,
    Version: 4.1
    This is an excellent utility that keeps images from external sources on my site. Images are very important to the site as without them they would render threads useless.
  3. MstrfBlng
    MstrfBlng
    4/5,
    Version: 3.9
    Simple yet effective tool to download and host al external images locally. Ensuring that your forum is able to display images without having the fear that they will be removed from an external host.

Tool works also in Windows / IIS environments, but needs soms small changes.
  4. Nicky Vermeersch
    Nicky Vermeersch
    5/5,
    Version: 3.9
    Does the trick like it should. Now I can sleep at night knowing that any important pictures that depend on external services, will be kept on my website and will be present in my backups of that website.
  5. Deriel
    Deriel
    5/5,
    Version: 3.8
    We have a very old forum (15+ years) where the history and the past are very important. With this ESSENCIAL resource we could attach all the still existant old images to the topics. The images are the first thing to get lost, so we're very very satisfied with the addon (and his brother, the Convert Image)
  6. Axel B
    Axel B
    5/5,
    Version: 3.6
    Like many of Andy's addons this one is also absolutely mint. Helps keeping your forum history ok, by making sure the pictures stay there. Excellent work!
  7. audiokid
    audiokid
    5/5,
    Version: 3.6
    This is an excellent utility, as are so many other add-ons Andy creates for this community. I have gone through thousands of images stemming back 15 years. This is an essential. Thanks Andy.
  8. eberkund
    eberkund
    5/5,
    Version: 3.3
    This addon is great for preventing links from going dead on your forum and maybe even for search engine traffic since you are hosting your own images. AndyB also provides great support if you ever need it and the most recent version added all the functionality I could ask for. Highly recommended!
  9. markku
    markku
    5/5,
    Version: 2.5
    A spectacular addon. I really hate when IMG tags are used and a 3rd party server/site goes down. Hosting the images as attachments is much better. Via this tool I was able to convert all my existing IMG's to attachments. A high quality addon like all addons from Andy are. Thank you!
  10. 0ptima
    0ptima
    5/5,
    Version: 2.2
    Thanks for this great add-on! I used this add-on to convert direct image links from an old gallery add-on. The code is easy to understand and I was able to make some changes to have it only select images from the old add-on and strip out old BB code.