Convert Image All

Convert Image All 6.8

No permission to download
Thanks for this @AndyB, I was curious if this addon could be tweaked somehow (even manually) to target only specific URLs? In this case, Phototbucket only (for the moment). My reason is that I still have some really old 'Junk' that I never cleaned up from a conversion (from DNN -> XF) and some of this is showing up in the list of posts that it wants to update. Things like links to the old "smiley" system, old image gallery links, etc...stuff that I have been slowly working on restoring, they just aren't high priority. I don't want these to be removed, not just yet. Hence, targeting one site and/or excluding all others....possible?

Hey @AndyB , any idea if this latest version that will work with Photobucket blocked images is compatible with an older 1.4.3 installation? I know, I know, I need to upgrade all my plugins and my base script.

This plugin worked fine on my small forums. It failed miserably on my large one (10million+ posts) I hired my SysAdmin to re-write portions so it would better manage the huge queries. He wrote a long email covering his changes and reasoning, happy to forward if you are interested.

Well it's just about working om www.28dayslayer.co.uk which is 'medium sized' I suppose.

Takes forever though and wherever there is a proper dead img tag, it hangs like mad, then doesn't clear out of the queue. We're only doing ten at a time as well, and we've got 45,000 posts to import.

This plugin worked fine on my small forums. It failed miserably on my large one (10million+ posts) I hired my SysAdmin to re-write portions so it would better manage the huge queries. He wrote a long email covering his changes and reasoning, happy to forward if you are interested.
I know I would @woody - could you send it in a PM and include AndyB? If it's too long to fit in a PM I can send my email address. My site has about 4.5 million posts.

Interested as well @woody

Interested as well, not a 1M+ forum but 40,000+ images, in your experience will it work OK for that size as is?

Seems to work for all sizes...my forum has over 500,000 URL images.

Still working thru some oddities however...

My forum has ~250.000 IMG tags...

I've made some modifications to convert all to attachments, but starting with photobucket only... Next step is try to recover some of old deleted imageshack.us with help of "web.archive.org". :)

So I've run this script through my entire forum, over 60,000 IMG links converted..... INCLUDING those that were already cached by the built in image proxy, which isn't a big deal. BUT, this leaves me with a question. Are those images that were cached by the proxy, now duplicated as attachments? Can I safely turn off the proxy now? Please advise! I'm wanting to go to HTTPS eventually.

I would be interested in this.

So I've run this script through my entire forum, over 60,000 IMG links converted..... INCLUDING those that were already cached by the built in image proxy, which isn't a big deal. BUT, this leaves me with a question. Are those images that were cached by the proxy, now duplicated as attachments? Can I safely turn off the proxy now? Please advise! I'm wanting to go to HTTPS eventually.
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/photobucket-paywall.130831/page-2#post-1159691

I know I would @woody - could you send it in a PM and include AndyB? If it's too long to fit in a PM I can send my email address. My site has about 4.5 million posts.

Interested as well @woody

Interested as well, not a 1M+ forum but 40,000+ images, in your experience will it work OK for that size as is?

I would be interested in this.

So would I

@AndyB has an email with my developers notes so he can incorporate them into the official plugin.

@AndyB Can add support for picload.org blocking image? Also Please can you add option for included domain from import, Only selection domain to import.

- I looked at your code and when there's a photobucket url you use photobucket as the referrer. This will only fix photobucket, but there are many sites which block hotlinking of images. Could you update it to use the base URL of the image url as the referrer in all cases?

- It's also fetching images from my own site linked in posts like those people have in our XF media gallery and old articles the previous site owner had manually uploaded using ftp which they posted in with img tags. I assume this is one of the issues you're resolving in the post you made above?

Thank you.

Last edited:
does this work with AMS from bob?
tried to run the convertimageall after the ams/ and inside of one of the articles but didn't seem to work.

I'm not seeing any feedback about this extending to AMS (article management system), but I's sure love to know if it would work for AMS!

Top Bottom