Convert Image All

Convert Image All 6.8

No permission to download
By the way, this timeout I'm saying is not the generic PHP or Nginx Timeout error, but only browser timeout.
My browser times out, but often the program is still chugging along. You only know by logging into a terminal session. By using "top" you can occasionally see "covert" in the list, but it's hard to know. There's also the growing number of files in the temp directory. With "ls | wc -l" you can get the number of files in the directory and watch it change. When the numbers stop growing you start again, but where to start?

I made a modification to create a log file so you at least know what happened. By using "tail -f file.log" I could kinda watch it work. With tens of thousands images to convert, it would eventually time out. But the log file let me know the post_id it last managed to work, and I start it again from there.

Reactions: rdn
How does this interact with the proxy image option? Do image proxies have to be turned off for this to work, or will it work just fine with them on?
To answer my previous question. With a quick test, this does seem to work with image proxy on. The reason I was curious is my site forces full SSL. Existing images with http would break the page, hence the image proxy.

@AndyB getting following error after trying to perform operation 2

Server Error
curl_setopt(): CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION cannot be activated when an open_basedir is set

Last edited:
After reading all 8 pages I'm still a little confused. Will this replace the images with a FULL size image, a Thumbnail, or a plain text link to the image? It seems odd that several people have said it's basically a plain text link to the image, which is not very desirable. Please let me know. Thanks!

UPDATE: Received a PM from author indicating that it will insert the full size image -- great!!

Last edited:
Anyway to filter out {IMG} tags that embed attachments from elsewhere on my own site. Doesn't make sense to turn those into a duplicate attachment.

Hi Andy,

Finally switched over and am now running your convert image plugin. For the most part it works really well! Thanks.

It does seem to get itself into a knot with one of my posts though: https://www.landcruiserclub.net/community/threads/40-builds-in-uk.123372/page-2#post-1171101

If I run a batch of 100 then it just times out eventually. If I run only one then it shows this post as needing converting. When I do, it finishes quite quickly but the images are still hotlinked.
I assume the never ending loop is because it keeps retrying this post.

Any idea a) why it might be a problem and b) how can I ignore it and move on with the rest?

many thanks
Crispin

@CrispinP
With the latest version, you should be able to specify which post id # to start scanning at. So in your case, you could set that to 1171102.
Also I notice you're using the image proxy. The converter might be having trouble with that.

@dougdirac Thanks for the tip. I had forgotten about the Start From :)

So I move that along and it stalls at the next broken image. My problem is the old posts had loads of hot-linked images which have now broken. It seems the image converter does not convert the [IMG tages (for obvious reasons) and cannot progress beyond that.

@AndyB if I can suggest a mod - log the conversion in a table on failure and move on. On restart, exclude the ones in the failure table. To convert most and skip a few busted ones would be good. :)

Thanks
Crispin

@CrispinP
My experience is that after some processing it eventually skips the broken images it can't convert. If you have a ton of images, the browser times out, but the converter is still chugging along until php times out, which is much later. I had suggested to Andy to add a log, but he didn't seem interested. As it is, best you can do is try to figure out the last image it stopped on and then restart from that post ID. If you don't do that, it will work through all the broken images again with the same result.

Also, the converter makes a lot of tmp files that it doesn't seem to clean up, so keep an eye on that.

Andy I just found that the [ img ] tags that are between [ code ] tags are beign detected as images by this addon.

I don't know if it's possible to change this addon to ignore those.

This is just a suggestion, as you won't find many of these cases. :)

Last edited:
i need help, xenforo last release.
when I try to install xml, it gives me this error.
imagemagick is installed.
and standard Convertimage works.

0660f-4a0d7d45-811f-44e6-b795-02db77009239.png

@AndyB I'm sure this has been asked and I'm over looking it, but can you tell me what the difference between this addon (Convert Image All) and your addon Convert Image? Looking at the description both say they... "The hot linked image will be replaced by a full size inline attachment".

Thanks!

@teletubbi thank you for the explanation. Would there be any reason to keep "Convert All" installed after it's been ran once and if I already have "Convert Image" installed as well? I'm assuming No.

Top Bottom