1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Convert all tweets into a thread

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Ryan Kent, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Ryan Kent

Ryan Kent Well-Known Member

I am seeing a lot of good information being shared in tweets. I would like to capture all new tweets once/day and post them in a "tweet" thread.

Is that easy to do? or has it been done? I did some searching around XF and the internet and either I am not using the correct terms or it doesn't exist, which is surprising to me.

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You can setup a feed:

Admin CP -> Applications -> Registered Feeds

But it only posts RSS items as new threads. There is no option to post to an existing thread.

You can setup a special forum for tweets. The feeder will post new threads in there. Then you can manually merge the threads every day if you want to keep them in one thread.

3. Ryan Kent

The URL to my twitter feed is: http://twitter.com/#search?q=@Teraonline

When I put that in as a URL for my RSS feed I receive the below error. What can I do to complete the process?

There was a problem requesting the feed.

Error message: DOMDocument cannot parse XML: Premature end of data in tag html line 2

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That URL isn't a valid RSS feed.
    You need to check whether Twitter has RSS feeds for accounts/searches.

5. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

6. Ryan Kent