• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Conversion Service

Hi,

I have a fried who is looking to move his forum from IPS4 to Xenforo

He would like to know do you offer a paid for conversion and installation service?

Thanks in advance.

Take care,

Keith

Many thanks for your swift reply, it is much appreciated

Do you have a list of people you would recommend?

If not how easy is the conversion process? I am somewhat IT literate so providing the process is not over complicated I could try and do the conversion myself

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
It's fairly straightforward using the built in importer.

Most customers feel comfortable doing it themselves.

Robust

XF has a built in importer since the latest release (1.5.3?). It's honest a few clicks of a button. A baby could do it. Depends on the size of your board whether or not that'll be the best option, but I imagine for < 75,000 posts that'll be a feasible option. I'm not sure at what point it becomes inefficient or buggy, as I've never tried it with such a huge import. Only the ones below a certain amount of posts.

Tracy Perry

I was probably amongst one of the first to bring alive site over from IPS 4.1.3 to XenForo 1.5.3. I had very few issues, and those that I did have were due to it being an EARLY BETA of the importer. Pretty sure the feedback they were given resolved those issues (they were very minor).

Thanks for everyones input, it is very much appreciated

The guy is an ex soldier/vet and runs a reunion website and is not very tech orientated about these things, in fact that is the very reason I am here asking the questions as it usually falls to me to take care of the more technical issues

XF has a built in importer since the latest release (1.5.3?). It's honest a few clicks of a button. A baby could do it. Depends on the size of your board whether or not that'll be the best option, but I imagine for < 75,000 posts that'll be a feasible option. I'm not sure at what point it becomes inefficient or buggy, as I've never tried it with such a huge import. Only the ones below a certain amount of posts.
Good .Thank you !!!:D

The importer is excellent. I imported 3 databases into Xenforo (4000 members, 16,000+ threads and 315,000+ posts. It took me 8 hours to complete it, only because I was new to the software and had to figure some things out.