1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Conversations - quota limits

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by SnoSheriff, Sep 21, 2014.

1. SnoSheriff

SnoSheriff Active Member

Does XF have the ability to manage or set Conversation quota limits? For example, can the users sent unlimited amount of conversations? Can they attach unlimited amount of pics or other files? Can this be controlled at User Group level? For example, basic registered user gets 5MB of quota space and 20 Conversation mailbox. Upgraded membership gets more... Thank you!
    gldtn likes this.
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

There is no conversation limit or permission.
  3. SnoSheriff

SnoSheriff Active Member

If there are no limits then how can I prevent someone from sending unlimited amounts of attachments and file size which could consume my server's space? Does that mean that Registered member's Conversation box will never be cleaned up? What if that chews up the server space? Am, I missing something or is this concern a non-issue and why?
  4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You can set permissions for "Upload attachments to personal conversations" if you want to restrict certain groups.

Conversations are deleted when all participants have left the conversation.
  5. sbj

sbj Well-Known Member

6. SnoSheriff

SnoSheriff Active Member

Great, now I understand the core functionality. Would be a nice enhancement to core tho ;)

Thanks for the lead SBJ. I'll check it out.
  7. dethfire

dethfire Well-Known Member

I think this is a problem. Big boards are going to have huge amounts of old conversations because no one is going to take the time to "leave" the conversation. They will just leave it as it is and move on with their life.
    gldtn likes this.
  8. Poindexter

Poindexter Member

An ability to limit would be nice.
    maszd, Mr Lucky and mikelowrey like this.
  9. Mr Lucky

Mr Lucky Well-Known Member

I agree.
    maszd likes this.
  10. maszd

maszd Active Member

+1 :)
  11. James

James Well-Known Member

This is in questions and support. I would recommend starting a thread in the suggestions forum and rallying everyone to like it so it gains some traction. Unfortunately here there's not much use agreeing will do :)
    maszd likes this.