XF 1.3 Conversations - Delete and Sort

Dan Allen

Hi,

I searched for answers but could not find the right place to look. Just a few simple questions:

1. Is there a way to delete a conversation?
  2. Is there a way to delete an entry from a conversation?
  3. How do you view a conversation in chronological order instead of reverse chronological order?
If there is documentation I sh0uld have found for these questions, I am sorry. If fyou can let me know where it is, I will do a better job finding information on my own next time

Thank you

Mike, I don't get what you mean by giving it an edit window. What does that do in lieu of being deleted.

Jeremy, leaving the conversation will remove it from my list of conversations, that makes sense. That is not a bad solution. Thank you for the tip.

Reverse chronological order is most recent entries. But I just realized, I asked my question backward. I want to display some conversation with the most recent first The opposite of what I am seeing in this thread..

upload_2015-1-12_21-31-11.webp

Attachments

• upload_2015-1-12_21-30-56.webp
    upload_2015-1-12_21-30-56.webp
    43.3 KB · Views: 4
Mike, I don't get what you mean by giving it an edit window. What does that do in lieu of being deleted.
That is in response to your question:
Is there a way to delete an entry from a conversation?
By allowing members to edit, they can effectively remove the content, although the actual message entry would still exist.

Changing the sort order would require custom development.

Brogan, thank you for the answer and explanations regarding deletes.

Regarding the sort order, we have a staff member available for custom development. I have referred him to the Resources tab of this site. There is a lot of information there. It will be intresting to see how much of a challenge this change will be. The requirement is simple, but the system is complex, and he has no experience with XenForo. A developer with knowledge of this system might be able to make this change in a few minutes, but our guy might need a day or two. If there are any tips you can offer about where he will be needing to look, I imagine that would be helpful.

Attachments

• upload_2015-1-13_17-20-1.webp
    upload_2015-1-13_17-20-1.webp
    14.2 KB · Views: 4
Top Bottom