Resource icon

Conversation Search by Xon 1.0.6

No permission to download

Xon

Xon submitted a new resource:

Conversation Search by Xon - Adds conversation search, with options to search by recipient

Adds conversation search, with options to search by recipient.

(Note; this was a private addon till v1.0.3)

Users must be a member of the conversation to see the conversation in search results.

Does not permit moderators/administrators to see another person's conversations in search results.

Due to XenForo's design, this addon impacts general 'everything' search as per search handler constrains are not invoked resulting in false positives which are removed by XenForo rather than the...

Read more about this resource...

well i'm an idiot and instead of rebuilding the search indexes for conversations, I hit Rebuild Conversations instead - am currently getting a tapatalk notification for every PM i've ever received over the last 16 years

this is going to go down well with my handful of tapatalk users, ha

edit:

Just got 35 PMs from admin referencing every PM conversation I've had. Thanks for waking me up ON MY DAY OFF. Is there Gremlins at play here or are you just feeling a little sadistic?

Last edited:
It will not uninstall. I get a white screen and this in php_errors.log:

PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function query() on a non-object in /var/www/htdocs/library/SV/ConversationSearch/Listener.php on line 28

It will not uninstall. I get a white screen and this in php_errors.log:

PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function query() on a non-object in /var/www/htdocs/library/SV/ConversationSearch/Listener.php on line 28
Thanks for the bug report, this should be fixed now.

Would you be willing to share any other feedback for this addon?

Thanks for the bug report, this should be fixed now.

Would you be willing to share any other feedback for this addon?

Yes. Also, I wasn't removing it permanently, just playing around with it before I bring it to my live site. Thanks for the update, I'll let you know how it goes. :)

Reactions: Xon
Uninstall worked. Trying it on the live site now....

Okay, it installs. Rebuilt caches, searched on a word I know is in one of my messages and shows no results. I also have this member search plugin installed:

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/member-search.2752/

Could they be conflicting with each other?
The member search addon will not conflict with this addon. However, this addon will conflict with https://xenforo.com/community/threads/conversation-search-by-waindigo.48829

Did you rebuild the search index, for the content types Conversation and Conversation Message?

Inside a conversation, can you confirm you have the following search options when you click on the search box?

View attachment 104516

Last edited:
Curious why this is tagged as unmaintained when a new release was pushed this past week?

Also, will this still work correctly when Elastic Search is used as the search backend instead of MySQL?

Curious why this is tagged as unmaintained when a new release was pushed this past week?
This add-on (and Unmaintained - Conversation Reply Permissions by Xon ) have been replaced with Conversation Improvements by Xon which combines them. Other conversation related features will go into that add-on.

Except for a few exceptions, all the add-ons I support are ones I use in a production environment of two websites I help run. Once I'm no longer using them, they get dropped from being supported.

Also, will this still work correctly when Elastic Search is used as the search backend instead of MySQL?
Yes. It would actually work better on Elastic Search due to the increased load on the search subsystem

Top Bottom