Resource icon

Conversation Improvements by Xon 1.3.15

No permission to download
@Xon - I install your addon in my forum and it's error :(

Code:
#0 /public_html/library/SV/ConversationImprovements/Installer.php(67): SV_Utils_Install::updateXenEsMapping(Array, Array)
#1 [internal function]: SV_ConversationImprovements_Installer::install(false, Array, Object(SimpleXMLElement))
#2 /public_html/library/XenForo/Model/AddOn.php(215): call_user_func(Array, false, Array, Object(SimpleXMLElement))
#3 /public_html/library/XenForo/Model/AddOn.php(169): XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml(Object(SimpleXMLElement), false)
#4 /public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php(188): XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile('/tmp/php2jSy2W')
#5 /public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall()
#6 /public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#7 /public_html/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#8 {main}

@Xon - I install your addon in my forum and it's error :(

Code:
#0 /public_html/library/SV/ConversationImprovements/Installer.php(67): SV_Utils_Install::updateXenEsMapping(Array, Array)
#1 [internal function]: SV_ConversationImprovements_Installer::install(false, Array, Object(SimpleXMLElement))
#2 /public_html/library/XenForo/Model/AddOn.php(215): call_user_func(Array, false, Array, Object(SimpleXMLElement))
#3 /public_html/library/XenForo/Model/AddOn.php(169): XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml(Object(SimpleXMLElement), false)
#4 /public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php(188): XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile('/tmp/php2jSy2W')
#5 /public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall()
#6 /public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#7 /public_html/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#8 {main}
Could you include what error is rather than just the stacktrace?

Please make sure you extract the full contents, as there should be a library/SV/ConversationImprovements and a library/SV/Utils folder once extracted.

Last edited:
Could you add a permission to control who has the ability to search?

I'm interested in this add-on, but don't want all members to have the ability to search conversations.

Thanks

Could you add a permission to control who has the ability to search?

I'm interested in this add-on, but don't want all members to have the ability to search conversations.

Thanks
Hi,

This really isn't the sort of feature I have plans for adding. However, my add-on is open sourced and available on github, so feel free to have it extended to add a permission check on the conversation content types for searching.

@Xon do you know if this would conflict with digitalpoint's search addon which also adds conversation search ability ?

@Xon do you know if this would conflict with digitalpoint's search addon which also adds conversation search ability ?
I think it would. At the very least it would try to add UI elements that digitalpoint's search add-on already adds, and it will likely cause content to be indexed twice.

What functionality does the search addon add that this (& potentially my other add-ons) do not add?

full feature set at https://marketplace.digitalpoint.com/digital-point-search.1772/item so allows searching users, reports and conversations (own and others (admin permissions) as well as soft deleted content and banned users and other stuff
I've got large chunks of that functionality spread over a bunch of add-ons.
  • Report comment searching (available on my github profile here)
    • Todo - Report searching.
    • Todo - Integration with Search Improvements for searching for warning points within a given range.
  • Soft-deleted content can be done with my deleted content search add-on.
    • Todo - eliminate impact of deleted content being in the search index for people who can't see it which requires XF-side filtering.
  • An unfinished Search Improvements add-on:
    • Framework to allow arbitrary range (number/date) searches.
    • Allow users to select the default search order independent for the forum wide setting.
    • Per content type weighting (UI for management testing in progress)
  • This add-on (conversation improvements) does conversation search but not search other conversations.
  • Unreleased add-on Elastic Search Info which starts adding basic elastic search info to the admincp home page. Will be expanded to show cluster details at some stage.

Including banned user stuff on searching looks useful, so I might include that at some stage. The Area stuff looks nifty and is a fairly easy concept to implement.

Last edited:
@Xon is it possible to remove an existing participant from the conversation? We started some conversations with about 20-25 members and shared some private information and we continue to add information but few members leave the "group" so now we want to remove those participant and continue our conversation. By default XF offer "Invite more" but there should be an option to "Kick" any existing member from conversation.

@Xon is it possible to remove an existing participant from the conversation? We started some conversations with about 20-25 members and shared some private information and we continue to add information but few members leave the "group" so now we want to remove those participant and continue our conversation. By default XF offer "Invite more" but there should be an option to "Kick" any existing member from conversation.
This sort of functionality would be doable, but not that quickly due to other commitments.

After installation, this is all I need to do right?
Permissions
  • Can Reply to Conversation. - Default - If a group can start a conversation, they can reply.
  • Reply Limit for Conversation. - Default - If a group can start a conversation, the reply limit is disabled (ie infinite).
  • Like conversation messages. - Default not configured

Manual post-installation steps - Rebuild Search Index

The add-on will report conversation related content types that require re-indexing.

Xon updated Conversation Improvements by Xon with a new update entry:

Feature update release

• Remove Conversation deadlock workaround (see this add-on for a replacement)
  • Conversation Message Edit History.
  • Conversation Title Edit History.

Installing for large forums

For large forums, please try manually adding all the columns in a single step.
This took upto 5 minutes for 1.3 million conversation messages (compressed).

For Like support & edit support:
Code:
ALTER TABLE...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Got this error after update:
Code:
Server Error Log

Error Info
Error: Access to undeclared static property: SV_ConversationImprovements_Globals::$UsersToUpdate - library/SV/ConversationImprovements/XenForo/Model/Conversation.php:37
Generated By: Unknown Account, 4 minutes ago

Stack Trace
#0 /library/XenForo/Model/Conversation.php(879): SV_ConversationImprovements_XenForo_Model_Conversation->rebuildUnreadConversationCountForUser(1)
#1 /library/XenForo/DataWriter/ConversationMaster.php(387): XenForo_Model_Conversation->insertConversationRecipient(Array, 1, Array, 'active')
#2 /library/SV/ConversationImprovements/XenForo/DataWriter/ConversationMaster.php(70): XenForo_DataWriter_ConversationMaster->_postSave()
#3 /library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1423): SV_ConversationImprovements_XenForo_DataWriter_ConversationMaster->_postSave()
#4 /library/XenForo/Model/User.php(2842): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#5 /library/XenForo/Model/User.php(2754): XenForo_Model_User->_sendWelcomeMessage(Array, Array)
#6 /library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Register.php(435): XenForo_Model_User->sendWelcomeContact(Array)
#7 /library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Register.php(427): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Register->_completeRegistration(Array)
#8 /library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Register->actionRegister()
#9 /library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#10 /index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#11 {main}

Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(41) "http://www.domain.com/register/register"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["/register/register"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(11) {
    ["username"] => string(0) ""
    ["6dcf8e03711ba71cab6fe40ccd52091f"] => string(17) "Johanna xxxxx"
    ["23553f5f3c6a09a7c004993c2a3df740"] => string(0) ""
    ["34185fd558bdae02da6063b1eb29d14d"] => string(24) "xxxxxx@gmail.com"
    ["cd1f7d73adf39f22367bb504dcdc86ff"] => string(4) "male"
    ["9e4818ffeb89f4aea50cc4cb78a50d39"] => string(14) "Asia/Hong_Kong"
    ["captcha_question_answer"] => string(3) "res"
    ["captcha_question_hash"] => string(40) "349cf633bd4bab9b67aa2f21c8b7aeb64f88d7d3"
    ["agree"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["reg_key"] => string(32) "a801fc74787a5c3ff465f5f87a74c10b"
  }
}

Server Error Log

Error Info
Error: Call to undefined method Icewind_ConversationTools_Extend_Model_Conversation::canViewConversationHistory() - library/SV/ConversationImprovements/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Conversation.php:165
Generated By: keso, 3 minutes ago

Stack Trace
#0 /library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): SV_ConversationImprovements_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Conversation->actionView()
#1 /library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#2 /index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#3 {main}

Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(50) "https://www.domain.com/conversations/pdf.250525/"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["/conversations/pdf_250525/"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

I uninstalled the addon, and can't view conversation messages :(.
Code:
An exception occurred: Argument 4 passed to XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::helperLikesHtml() must be of the type array, null given, called in /library/XenForo/Template/Helper/Core.php on line 853 in /library/XenForo/Template/Helper/Core.php on line 411

XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::helperLikesHtml() in XenForo/Template/Helper/Core.php at line 853
XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::callHelper() in /internal_data/templates/S.1,L.1,conversation_view.php at line 1473
include() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 260
XenForo_Template_Abstract->_renderInternal() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 191
XenForo_Template_Abstract->render() in XenForo/Template/Public.php at line 110
XenForo_Template_Public->render() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 123
XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderContainer() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 637
XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /index.php at line 13

Got this error after update:
Code:
Server Error Log

Error Info
Error: Access to undeclared static property: SV_ConversationImprovements_Globals::$UsersToUpdate - library/SV/ConversationImprovements/XenForo/Model/Conversation.php:37
Generated By: Unknown Account, 4 minutes ago

Stack Trace
#0 /library/XenForo/Model/Conversation.php(879): SV_ConversationImprovements_XenForo_Model_Conversation->rebuildUnreadConversationCountForUser(1)
#1 /library/XenForo/DataWriter/ConversationMaster.php(387): XenForo_Model_Conversation->insertConversationRecipient(Array, 1, Array, 'active')
#2 /library/SV/ConversationImprovements/XenForo/DataWriter/ConversationMaster.php(70): XenForo_DataWriter_ConversationMaster->_postSave()
#3 /library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1423): SV_ConversationImprovements_XenForo_DataWriter_ConversationMaster->_postSave()
#4 /library/XenForo/Model/User.php(2842): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#5 /library/XenForo/Model/User.php(2754): XenForo_Model_User->_sendWelcomeMessage(Array, Array)
#6 /library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Register.php(435): XenForo_Model_User->sendWelcomeContact(Array)
#7 /library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Register.php(427): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Register->_completeRegistration(Array)
#8 /library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Register->actionRegister()
#9 /library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#10 /index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#11 {main}

Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(41) "http://www.domain.com/register/register"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["/register/register"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(11) {
    ["username"] => string(0) ""
    ["6dcf8e03711ba71cab6fe40ccd52091f"] => string(17) "Johanna xxxxx"
    ["23553f5f3c6a09a7c004993c2a3df740"] => string(0) ""
    ["34185fd558bdae02da6063b1eb29d14d"] => string(24) "xxxxxx@gmail.com"
    ["cd1f7d73adf39f22367bb504dcdc86ff"] => string(4) "male"
    ["9e4818ffeb89f4aea50cc4cb78a50d39"] => string(14) "Asia/Hong_Kong"
    ["captcha_question_answer"] => string(3) "res"
    ["captcha_question_hash"] => string(40) "349cf633bd4bab9b67aa2f21c8b7aeb64f88d7d3"
    ["agree"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["reg_key"] => string(32) "a801fc74787a5c3ff465f5f87a74c10b"
  }
}

Server Error Log

Error Info
Error: Call to undefined method Icewind_ConversationTools_Extend_Model_Conversation::canViewConversationHistory() - library/SV/ConversationImprovements/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Conversation.php:165
Generated By: keso, 3 minutes ago

Stack Trace
#0 /library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): SV_ConversationImprovements_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Conversation->actionView()
#1 /library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#2 /index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#3 {main}

Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(50) "https://www.domain.com/conversations/pdf.250525/"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["/conversations/pdf_250525/"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}
Can you check that the files where uploaded? As this file was updated. As the method rebuildUnreadConversationCountForUser is no longer being overridden.

This looks like PHP is holding onto an old version of the code.

I uninstalled the addon, and can't view conversation messages :(.
Code:
An exception occurred: Argument 4 passed to XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::helperLikesHtml() must be of the type array, null given, called in /library/XenForo/Template/Helper/Core.php on line 853 in /library/XenForo/Template/Helper/Core.php on line 411

XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::helperLikesHtml() in XenForo/Template/Helper/Core.php at line 853
XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::callHelper() in /internal_data/templates/S.1,L.1,conversation_view.php at line 1473
XenForo_Template_Abstract->_renderInternal() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 191
XenForo_Template_Public->render() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 123
XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderContainer() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 637
XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
I think this is php opcode caching being amazingly aggressive.

Can you try restarting php-fpm?

Reactions: rdn
Can you check that the files where uploaded? As this file was updated. As the method rebuildUnreadConversationCountForUser is no longer being overridden.

This looks like PHP is holding onto an old version of the code.
This error was gone now after I re-install the addon.
I think this is php opcode caching being amazingly aggressive.

Can you try restarting php-fpm?
I will try again now, wait.

OK, I uninstall your addon then restart PHP.
Still receiving this error when I access conversations.
Code:

I even try to flush Redis.
redis-cli FLUSHALL

Still receiving that error on conversation message.
Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
TypeError: Argument 4 passed to XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::helperLikesHtml() must be of the type array, null given, called in /library/XenForo/Template/Helper/Core.php on line 853 - library/XenForo/Template/Helper/Core.php:411
Generated By: Draft, A moment ago
Stack Trace
#0 /library/XenForo/Template/Helper/Core.php(853): XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::helperLikesHtml(1, NULL, NULL, NULL)
#1 /internal_data/templates/S.1,L.1,conversation_view.php(1473): XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::callHelper('likeshtml', Array)
#2 /library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(260): include('/home/nginx/dom...')
#3 /library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(191): XenForo_Template_Abstract->_renderInternal('/home/nginx/dom...', Array)
#4 /library/XenForo/Template/Public.php(110): XenForo_Template_Abstract->render()
#5 /library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php(123): XenForo_Template_Public->render()
#6 /library/XenForo/FrontController.php(637): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderContainer(Object(XenForo_Template_Public), Array)
#7 /library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
#8 /index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#9 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(56) "http://www.phcorner.net/conversations/boss-draft.248289/"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["/conversations/boss-draft_248289/"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Normal members can access conversations fine.
But not me as admin.

Edit: I can't access conversation with likes data on it.
Meaning previous messages has likes from this addon.

But I can access normal convo without likes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom