1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Conversation "Ignore future messages"

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by rickhz, Jun 23, 2016.

1. rickhz

rickhz Member

I used a test account to send myself a new conversation.

I received the message in my main account and marked the message "Ignore future messages".

Next I tried to send another message using the same conversation "thread" which still showed up in the Inbox of the test account.

I was allowed to send the new post to the conversation. No error message popped up to tell me that the message would not be read.

There was no notification of a new conversation post in the account I sent to.

The problem as I see it is that when you send from a conversation which the other member "ignored" there is nothing to tell the sender that the message didn't go through. I see that as being problematic. Or perhaps I am missing something?

2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

That's the point, really. If you choose to leave a conversation and ignore future messages, you may not want the sender or other participants to know you left.

3. James

James Well-Known Member

It is as designed but conversation-related addons do exist to bridge the gap in functionality here. I believe @Xon is the proud owner of said addon.

Xon likes this.
  4. rickhz

rickhz Member

Makes me like and miss deleting private messages all the more...

5. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Leaving a conversation is essentially the equivalent.